- The Nov. 13 episode of “The Simpsons” shows Lisa Simpson revealing that her second favorite music genre is K-pop.
- Homer is shown driving his daughter and Duffman — Duff Beer’s spokesperson and mascot — around as he tries to guess Lisa’s second-favorite genre of music after jazz.
- He then plays BLACKPINK’s “Lovesick Girls” in the car, and the characters jam out to the 2020 track, even singing the chorus and Korean lyrics.
- BLACKPINK’s Jisoo reacted to a clip of the scene in a recent Instagram story, writing, “Is this real?!”
- The K-pop girl group are currently on their “Born Pink” world tour. They will conclude their North American portion in L.A. later this week before venturing to Europe and Asia-Pacific for the rest of the year and into 2023.
The latest episode of “The Simpsons” reveals that Lisa Simpson is a fan of K-pop and BLACKPINK.
In the Nov. 13 episode, Homer drives his daughter and Duffman — Duff Beer’s spokesperson and mascot — around. Lisa mentions that she wants to listen to her second-favorite genre of music rather than her beloved jazz.
- K-pop acts BTS, SEVENTEEN, BLACKPINK and BLACKPINK member Lisa won big at the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) on Sunday.
- BLACKPINK won for “Best Metaverse Performance” while Lisa became the first K-pop soloist to win “Best K-Pop.”
- BTS won their fourth consecutive “Group of the Year” award with some outlets erroneously announcing BLACKPINK as the winners ahead of the actual reveal.
- SEVENTEEN became the first K-pop act to win “Push Performance of the Year.”
K-pop made history at the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) on Sunday with wins for BLACKPINK, BTS, SEVENTEEN and Lisa.
BLACKPINK and group member Lisa accomplished a few firsts during the award show held at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. After their U.S. award show performance debut, the superstar quartet won an award for “Best Metaverse Performance” for their virtual concert and their music video for “Ready For Love,” both of which were collaborations with PUBG Mobile.
Rolling Stone Korea apologizes for Blackpink column that said Lisa has an ‘exotic appearance,’ Jisoo not ‘most talented’
- Rolling Stone Korea has issued an apology and correction today following backlash over their column and profile piece about Blackpink originally released on July 5.
- Two passages in particular caused an uproar among K-pop netizens, especially Blackpink fans, with one claiming that member Jisoo “does not possess the most outstanding talent in the group as a vocalist or dancer” and another that described Thai member Lisa as having an “exotic appearance.”
- Netizens were swift to call out Rolling Stone Korea for unprofessionalism and racism, othering Lisa — the only non-Korean member of the group — as exotic.
- Earlier this year Blackpink made history as the first Asian group to be featured on Rolling Stone’s cover.
Rolling Stone Korea has issued an apology and correction for passages written in their July 5 Blackpink column which were seen by K-pop netizens and Blackpink’s fans, Blinks, as disrespectful to members Jisoo and Lisa.
The apology reads: “We have listened, have read, and have taken in all the considerations and remarks regarding the recent BLACKPINK column. We admittedly noted that we used inappropriate choice of words and context that led to this misunderstanding. A revised and modified column will be published in the second edition of the print next week. The revised column will be on our official website. We apologize to the artists for causing concerns. We ask for patience with us. Thank you.”
Lisa of Blackpink made her runway debut for Celine in a video.
Runway appearance: Shortly after becoming the new face of Celine’s “Haute Parfumerie,” Lalisa Manobal, better known as Lisa, made her virtual runway debut in a video for Celine’s women’s Summer 2022 collection, WWD reported.
Blackpink member Lisa is the first K-pop artist to land a hit on the Latin Billboard chart thanks to her collaborative song “SG” with Ozuna, DJ Snake and Megan Thee Stallion.
The diverse hit song: For the week of Nov. 6, “SG” takes the No. 1 spot on the Latin Digital Song Sales chart of Billboard.
Iconic K-pop girl group BLACKPINK has surpassed Justin Bieber in YouTube subscribers, becoming the most subscribed musical artist on the platform just as one group member, Lisa, dropped her solo debut album “Lalisa.”
“Pretty Savage”: On Friday, YouTube announced that the popular girl group, consisting of members Jennie, Rosé, Jisoo and Lisa, are now the platform’s most subscribed artist with 65.5 million subscribers, Billboard reported.
BLACKPINK member Lisa will be making her solo debut this summer following Jennie and Rosé.
Solo debut: YG Entertainment officially confirmed the K-pop singer’s debut on July 12, reported Hypebae.
A cafe in Thailand was forced to suspend operations amid a fiery backlash in response to its attempt to sell a toilet seat allegedly used by BLACKPINK member Lisa during a recent visit to their premises.
On Jan. 1, Lisa posted photos from her visit to MQQN Cafe, based in Bangkok, on her Instagram page.
A post shared by LISA (@lalalalisa_m) on Nov 4, 2019 at 5:54pm PST
A K-Pop star of Thai-descent has become the target of racist attacks on social media, but after an outpouring of support from fans, has become one of the most followed idols on Instagram.
After attending the 33rd Golden Disc Awards in Seoul, Lisa, the main dancer of BLACKPINK, received offensive comments pointing at her outfit of choice and physical features.