Browsing Tag


32 posts

Family Demands Answers After Baseball Pitcher Dies From ‘Routine’ Surgery, GoFundMe Created

Sang Ho Baek

A grieving family is seeking answers over the death of a college baseball player from Maryland who died after undergoing surgery to mend an elbow injury.

Routine surgery turns tragic: George Mason University Patriots pitcher Sang Ho Baek, 20, died due to complications from a “Tommy John” surgery (ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction) on June 12 at a TidalHealth medical facility in Salisbury, Md., The New York Times reported.

Doctors in India Remove Over 500 Teeth From 7-Year-Old Boy’s Mouth

Oral surgeons and pathologists at Saveetha Dental College and Hospital in Chennai, India were shocked to find more than 500 teeth inside a mass that grew in a 7-year-old boy’s jaw.

The boy’s parents noticed swelling in his lower right jaw when he was three years old. They brought him to a nearby hospital but he refused to cooperate for any investigative procedures, according to the dental college’s published report.

China Just Completed Its First Successful Robotic Surgery

A hospital located in Anhui, China just performed its first successful robotic surgery on a patient suffering from numbness in his legs and left hand.

The patient, only identified as 42-year-old Wang, underwent the historical surgery at the First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University on January 3. The entire operation only lasted half an hour, with a wound mark of only 1 centimeter, according to China Daily.

3-Year-Old Chinese Girl May Be the World’s Youngest Breast Cancer Survivor

breast cancer

Yan Yan, a 3-year-old girl from Shandong province, China, was recently saved after an early detection and treatment for breast cancer.

It was discovered in March by her mother that her daughter’s singlet was stained by a red, sticky discharge, according to Chinese media via AsiaOne. The stain persisted, and soon later, her mother felt a small lump on her daughter’s left chest.

South Korean Man’s Arm Amputated After Infection From Eating Sushi

An elderly South Korean man had his forearm amputated after being infected by a life-threatening bacteria that he acquired from eating raw seafood.

The 71-year-old man was rushed to the hospital in Jeonju, South Korea in July. He had a two-day fever and was under excruciating pain that developed 12 hours after eating raw seafood, according to The New England Journal of Medicine.