- Bestselling author Jenny Han revealed during a “CBS Mornings” interview on Monday that she would listen to Taylor Swift’s music while writing her novels.
- Han, who is a co-showrunner for “The Summer I Turned Pretty” – a new Amazon Prime series based on her trilogy of the same name – shared that she helped pick songs for the show’s soundtrack, which includes tracks from artists such as Swift, Cardi B and Olivia Rodrigo.
- According to Han, it was her biggest wish to have one of Swift’s songs used in the show.
- "I've been a fan for years. As I was writing the books, I was listening to her music," the author shared. "I think that she understands young womanhood in a way and also love stories. That means a lot to me.”
- “The Summer I Turned Pretty,” which premiered on June 17, tells the story of Isabel “Belly” Conklin, an Asian American teenager who spends every summer with her family in a beach house owned by her mother’s best friend and her sons, Conrad and Jeremiah.
- Han revealed that the second season of “The Summer I Turned Pretty” is already in the works.
Jenny Han, bestselling author of the “To All the Boys” trilogy, recently revealed that Taylor Swift’s music has had an impact on her novels.
The author mentioned Swift during a “CBS Mornings” interview on Monday, where she discussed her experience being a co-showrunner for “The Summer I Turned Pretty,” a new Amazon Prime series based on Han’s trilogy of the same name.
BLACKPINK member Lisa, 24, debuted her solo album and single “Lalisa” on Sept. 10 and her music video’s views have broken Taylor Swift’s YouTube record.
Hayley Kiyoko, also known as the “Lesbian Jesus” to her fans, appeared among a star-studded cast in Taylor Swift’s newest music video for “You Need to Calm Down.”
Kiyoko makes a cameo among other celebrities, including Laverne Cox, Dexter Mayfield, Hannah Hart, the “Queer Eye” Fab Five and Ellen Degeneres. She shoots an arrow and hits a number five right on target. There is some speculation about a potential collaboration on that track, with the fifth song in Swift’s past albums being the most emotional, according to People.
Taylor Swift has come under fire for her soon-to-be-released music video for her song “…Ready For It” and its likeness to the Hollywood flop, “Ghost in the Shell”. The songstress posted a teaser clip to her Instagram on Monday, racking up over two million views in just two days.
Sohu founder Charles Zhang has recently denied social media rumors that he and Taylor Swift are dating after Chinese netizens speculated that he could be the pop singer’s new target.
“It’s just a rumor. I have no interest in foreign women,” the 52-year-old CEO of the Chinese internet company said on live streaming platform, Qianfan, on Friday morning.
Young Filipino-British actress and TV host Xia Vigor not only wowed judges on a local talent show in the Philippines, but also broke the internet after a video of her uncanny performance as mini-Taylor Swift went massively viral.
A contestant of the popular “Your Face Sounds Familiar”, the feisty seven-year-old mimicked Swift perfectly in the show, singing along to the 2008 hit “You Belong To Me”.
With Taylor Swift’s known streak of having many different romances, Chinese netizens are now betting money on Taobao to see how long her new relationship with British actor Tom Hiddleston will last.
Earlier this month, Taobao, an Alibaba-owned Chinese marketplace, was offering “breakup insurance” for Swift’s new relationship. Sellers of the insurance guaranteed that if the power couple breaks up, buyers would get back at least double their bet.
A genius makeup artist transformed herself into Taylor Swift using the magic of makeup. The crazy beauty routine by South Korean beauty blogger Park Hye Min, who is also known as PONY Makeup, involves fine mastery of contouring and highlighting.
Late Sunday evening Taylor Swift gave fellow artist Kesha after she was denied a plea to get out of an exclusive contract with her allegedly abusive producer, Dr. Luke.
A spokesperson for Swift, told BuzzFeed: “In a show of support, Taylor Swift has donated $250,000 to Kesha to help with any of her financial needs during this trying time.”
Any teenager would be envious upon glancing at the Instagram account of Dara Phung, who hangs out with A-list celebrities including Taylor Swift, Kylie Jenner and Gigi Hadid.
Taylor!!! ••• #taylorswift #christmas #taylor #swiftie #taylorswiftfans #merrychristmas #firstdayofwinter #hellowinter #1989 #disneyworld #sanfrancisco #starwars #california #pop #country #selenagomez #photoshop #kylie #lipkitbykylie @taylorswift
If you regularly mishear song lyrics, like when Taylor Swift sings “got a long list of ex-lovers” in her hit song “Blank Space” and you hear “lonely Starbucks lovers,” you are not the only one.
A 24-year-old pop star is being hailed as the Taylor Swift of China. She writes her own music about boys and breakups and is currently on her first North American tour.
Chinese singer and songwriter G.E.M., whose name stands for “Get Everybody Moving,” is a pop icon in Hong Kong and mainland China with over 23 million followers on Chinese social media platform Weibo. She also has over 2 million followers on her Instagram account.