- Bilian Fang, the 40-year-old pregnant woman who was reported missing last month in Chicago, was allegedly murdered by Yaer Shen, the 46-year-old father of her unborn child.
- According to prosecutors, the couple got into a physical fight about finances while inside Shen’s car, where Shen choked Fang until she lost consciousness before dumping her body at the Stickney Water Reclamation Plant in Cicero, Illinois.
- Based on his arrest report, Shen was identified through cell phone data and video evidence.
- Shen was charged with first-degree murder, intentional homicide of an unborn child and concealment of a homicidal death. He was ordered to be held without bond on Thursday afternoon.
- Shen is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 22. If convicted, he faces a mandatory life sentence.
Bilian Fang, the 40-year-old pregnant woman reported missing last month in Chicago, Illinois, was allegedly murdered by the father of her unborn child.
Yaer Shen, 46, was charged with first-degree murder, intentional homicide of an unborn child and concealment of a homicidal death. He was ordered to be held without bond on Thursday afternoon.
- On Thursday afternoon, a Plymouth, California, resident notified the Amador County Sheriff’s Office after discovering human remains near Jackson Road.
- The partial remains were identified as those of Alexis Gabe, who was reported missing in late January.
- Gabe, 24, is believed to have been murdered by her ex-boyfriend Marshall Curtis Jones.
- When police previously tried to arrest Jones for murder in June, he was shot and killed after charging at officers with a knife inside an apartment complex.
- A press conference that will provide more details on the case is scheduled for Monday.
Partial human remains of Alexis Gabe, who was reported missing in late January, were discovered in Amador County, California.
On Thursday afternoon, a Plymouth resident notified the Amador County Sheriff’s Office after discovering human remains near Jackson Road, according to the Oakley Police Department.
- Chicago police have called on the public’s help in locating Bilian Fang, a missing pregnant woman from Chinatown.
- Fang, 40, is of Asian descent and described as having a light complexion, black hair and brown eyes.
- She is nine months pregnant and married with two children.
Chicago police have called on the public’s help in locating a missing pregnant woman from Chinatown.
The woman, named Bilian Fang, was last seen in the 3000 block of South Lock Street on Oct. 9, according to police.
Family of missing mentally disabled man last seen in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo asks for public’s help
- Michael Le, a 48-year-old Vietnamese American, was reported missing in Southern California.
- He has been described as a gravely mentally disabled man in need of medication.
- Le was last seen in Little Tokyo on Aug. 24 wearing blue hospital scrubs.
- He is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 150 pounds. He is missing some upper front teeth and has brown eyes and black hair.
Family members of a mentally disabled man are calling on the public’s help to find a missing 48-year-old man in California.
Michael Le is described as a gravely mentally disabled man in need of medication.
- Marshall Curtis Jones, 27, was fatally shot by police officers in Kent, Washington, as he was being taken into custody in relation to the disappearance and presumed murder of Filipino American Alexis Gabe.
- Law enforcement officials opened fire at Jones, who was pronounced dead after he reportedly charged at them with a knife.
- Gabe, 24, was last seen visiting Jones’ home on Jan. 26 and is now presumed to be the victim of a homicide.
- According to Oakley police, there was ample “digital and forensic” evidence linking Jones to Gabe’s disappearance.
- The Seattle Police Department has been tasked with investigating the shooting.
A suspect who was being taken into custody for the disappearance and presumed murder of Filipino American Alexis Gabe was fatally shot by police officers in Kent, Washington, on Wednesday.
Identified as the victim’s ex-boyfriend, 27-year-old Marshall Curtis Jones was killed inside an apartment in the 3500 block of South 222 Place as the Pacific Northwest Violent Offenders Task Force was serving an arrest warrant at around 5:45 p.m.
On Wednesday, the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) said it still could not find a missing bottle of $5,800 whiskey that the Japanese government allegedly gifted to former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in 2019.
The mystery: The gift, said to be a bottle of 30-year-old Suntory Hibiki whiskey, was first reported missing from the “gift vault” in August, according to Japan Today. This vault houses presents meant for senior U.S. officials.
The human remains discovered in Yucca Valley, Calif., on Oct. 9 have been positively identified as missing Korean American woman Lauren “El” Cho, officials announced on Thursday.
Case update: The disappearance of Cho, a 30-year-old woman from New Jersey, prompted a months-long search and sparked renewed debate about how missing people of color get little coverage compared to their white counterparts.
Fairfax County Police Department detectives suspect foul play may have been involved in the disappearance of 72-year-old Emily Lu.
What happened: Authorities arrived at Lu’s home in Davis Lane, Lorton, on June 4 to conduct a welfare check at the request of the woman’s employer when she failed to show up for work, according to the police department.
The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is now turning to the public for help locating a missing 79-year-old woman.
The details: Sende Li was last seen by her family last Saturday at around 10:45 a.m. in Meadowlawn Drive and West Fairmount Avenue in Pontiac, Mich., and failed to return home from grocery shopping, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.
The NYPD deployed personnel from its scuba team and the Emergency Service Unit K-9 Division as the search continues for the 80-year-old man in Willowbrook Park in Staten Island, New York.
The details: Je Park appeared to “vanish without a trace” while visiting the park with his daughter, Jean, and 6-year-old granddaughter on May 27, Staten Island Live reported.
The San Francisco Police Department recently put out a public assistance notice looking for an 84-year-old woman who is “considered at risk due to her age and possible medical condition.”
Missing person details: Jean Chang Kan Fung was reported missing on May 28, after failing to return home to her residence at Richmond District from a walk, the SFPD said.
Police in Bloomington, Minnesota are asking for help to find an Asian man listed as an endangered missing person.
David Shibata, 73, left his home on foot around 11 p.m. on Wednesday and traveled in an unknown direction.