- Airport cameras show she was not carrying any luggage even though her sisters say she brought her yellow Nautica trolley bag.
- Del Mundo planned to visit Cozumel, a resort city in Mexico as a way to treat herself, Inquirer reported.
- She reportedly visited the Dominican Republic in the last two years.
- The day she went missing, del Mundo contacted her sister, Lolita, and told her about her plans to abandon her trip.
- “She even relayed her last messages to my youngest sister Lolita, for her to get her return ticket back to Tampa. However, when my sister was about to confirm, Paula could no longer be contacted. It was tough because we feel she does not deserve to vanish and leave her family worrying for her,” one of her sisters, Yolanda, from New York, told Asian Journal. “It was supposed to be a scheduled vacation treat to be in Cozumel, Mexico where all her travel and accommodation expenses [were] already taken care of.”
- All of del Mundo’s five sisters became worried and contacted DFW to request them to page their sister.
- The Malaya Movement, a human rights activist group located in Texas, managed to locate the last spot where del Mundo was last seen through the help of caseworker Caiti Le Ward.
- Ward was able to locate del Mundo’s last spot when she exited Terminal C at 7 p.m. and went near the Exit Area where the Office of Airport Public Safety is located. The trail went cold after 4 a.m. on Sept. 15.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Her family also tried to connect to the local LGBTQ+ community.
- The all-volunteer Community United Effort (CUE) Center for Missing Persons conducted an intensive nine-person search with K9 dogs, motorized boats and aerial video cameras on July 25 and July 26.
- Del Mundo’s family also hired a private investigator, but the PI reportedly ran with their money and never did his job.
- “Later, we found out, we were scammed and demanded a full refund of the one time upfront $5,000 demanded from us for the investigation services,” Yolanda said.
- She stayed with her sister, Leonor, in California for seven years.
- Her sister also sponsored her nursing assistant studies.
- Del Mundo, who was the top of her class, was immediately hired as a caregiver.
- Her other siblings are Erlinda, who is in California, Lilia and Lolita in Florida, Yolanda from New York, and Susan and their eldest sister and two older brothers in Manila.