- Deputy Assistant to the President and Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Senior Liaison Erika Moritsugu spoke to NextShark about the Biden presidency one year in.
- Inclusivity and acknowledgement of the diverse realities of AANHPIs in America have been key to the White House’s priorities, says Moritsugu.
One year into the Biden Administration, Deputy Assistant to the President and Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Senior Liaison Erika Moritsugu reflected on the efforts of the White House to better serve our communities.
Committed to Asian American communities
- Authorities found an AR-15-type rifle inside Kuachua Brillion Xiong’s vehicle after he was pulled over for “driving aggressively” in Iowa on Dec. 21.
- Investigators also uncovered several items inside his car, including a TikTok hit list containing 100 names, including President Joe Biden, former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, Dr. Anthony Fauci and Mark Zuckerberg.
- Xiong planned to enter through a White House security “weak spot” to fight “evil demons.”
- He was charged with one count of making threats against a former president of the United States.
A heavily-armed man who was allegedly on his way to the White House to kill figures of authority – such as President Joe Biden, Dr. Anthony Fauci and Barack Obama – has been arrested in Iowa.
Cass County Sheriff’s Department arrested Kuachua Brillion Xiong, 25, a recently fired grocery store employee from Merced, California, for “driving aggressively” on Interstate 80 in Cass County, Iowa, on Dec. 21, the Los Angeles Times reported.
- Former President Donald Trump said President Xi Jinping is a "killer" who "destroyed the world" in an interview with Fox News.
- But he doesn't think that the U.S. should boycott the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
- A spokesperson from China's Foreign Ministry said that Trump’s allegations are “just nonsense.”
Former President Donald Trump said in a recent Fox News interview that Chinese President Xi Jinping is a “killer” who “destroyed the world” after the way China handled the COVID-19 pandemic.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in tweeted a congratulatory message for BTS after they won the 2021 “Artist of the Year” award at the American Music Awards (AMAs).
Korea’s soft power: President Moon celebrated the K-pop band’s historical AMAs win by congratulating and thanking BTS on his official Twitter account on Nov. 22.
Third-ever historical resolution by CCP paves way for Chinese President Xi Jinping to have third term
Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to rule for a third consecutive term — a period of at least five more years — with the passing of a landmark resolution that celebrates his work and puts him on par with former leaders Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaoping.
A historical resolution: The resolution, which was passed on Nov. 11, is is reportedly the third of its kind in the 100-year history of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), with Mao passing the first in 1945 and Deng passing the second in 1981.
Presidential candidate Andrew Yang was joined by his wife Evelyn in his third guest appearance on ABC’s “The View” on Wednesday.
At the start of the interview, the 44-year-old entrepreneur was asked to comment on the recent killing of Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani.
Vivan Yee may only be 14-years-old but she’s already thriving at Pierce College in Woodland Hills, California as the president of the Associated Students Organization.
Yee was only 12 years old when she began attending the community college located in Los Angeles, the same year her 18-year-old brother began attending his college.
Editor’s Note: Andrew Yang has announced his presidential bid for 2020. The views expressed in this piece are solely his own.
When Benny, the founder and CEO of NextShark, reached out to me and asked me to write a piece for him on why I’m running for President, I was excited for a few reasons.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has been working so hard that he lost 12 of his teeth due to stress, a South Korean official claimed.
Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Poland Mira Sun recently told Business Insider how demanding government work in Seoul can be.
Being the first Asian American elected to the United States Senate five years prior, the late, great Senator Hiram L. Fong had an opportunity to bring his statesmanship and vision to the White House in 1965.
But as the fates would have it, Fong ended up serving his constituents as a senator for nearly two decades, from 1959 to 1977, according to the Associated Press.
Google searches for the term “Asian for president” have been on the rise since Democrat Andrew Yang has been on the offensive for the 2020 elections.
Yang, 44, filed to run for the highest office in the land with the Federal Election Commission on Nov. 6, 2017. With this bid, he left his post as chief executive officer of Venture for America, an entrepreneurial non-profit he had founded in 2011.
Come June, Andrew Yang will be talking about the threat of automation on the American workforce in the first Democratic primary debate.
Earlier this week, Yang surpassed the fundraising threshold of 65,000 donors, qualifying him to participate in the debate.