Phoenix gas station owner sells gas 50 cents a gallon cheaper than what he buys it for to help customers
- Arizona resident Jaswiendre Singh loses around $500 each day since he shaved nearly 50 cents off per gallon at his gas station to help customers weather skyrocketing fuel prices.
- Singh’s business, which is located at the corner of Osborn Road and 20th Street in Phoenix, receives gas from a supplier for $5.66 per gallon but sells it for just $5.19 per gallon.
- Twitter users lauded Singh’s kind gesture, with one writing, “Some heroes wear turbans.
- This is not the first time Singh has helped his customers spend less – in 2007, he reportedly bought the store and lowered prices during the recession the following year.
A man in Phoenix is losing hundreds of dollars each day after shaving nearly 50 cents off per gallon at his gas station to help customers weather skyrocketing fuel prices.
Jaswiendre Singh, who runs the business at the corner of Osborn Road and 20th Street, showed Arizona’s Family on Wednesday that he buys gas from a supplier for $5.66 per gallon but sells it for just $5.19 per gallon.
- John Cheng, a 52-year-old sports medicine doctor, was brutally shot during a mass shooting at a Laguna Woods church on Sunday.
- He was hailed as a hero for intervening and tackling the gunman, 68-year-old David Chou.
- Cheng’s quick actions allowed some congregants to step in and hogtie the suspect. He was reportedly shot several times and pronounced dead at the scene.
- The shooting, which was described as a “politically-motivated hate incident” by officials, is currently being investigated as a hate crime.
- Chou is being held on a $1 million bail at the Orange County Intake Release Center.
A doctor in Orange County, California, who was brutally shot during a mass shooting at a Laguna Woods church on Sunday was hailed as a hero for intervening and stopping the gunman.
John Cheng, a 52-year-old sports medicine doctor, immediately sprang into action to tackle the gunman, 68-year-old David Chou, before attempting to disarm him on Sunday.
In Southern China, a man was hailed a hero after he caught a young boy falling from the third floor of a building.
What happened: On Oct. 9 in the city of Shangrao, a man caught a 5-year-old boy falling from the third floor of a building in an industrial park as seen on surveillance footage, reported Newsflare.
China’s top epidemiologist reportedly subjected herself to an injection of an experimental COVID-19 vaccine that has never undergone animal testing earlier this week.
Chen Wei, 54, a major general in the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), is spearheading the nation’s fight against the outbreak, with her previous experience in handling epidemics.
A young pharmacist deployed on the frontlines to help contain the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has reportedly died from being overworked.
Song Yingjie, 28, served as the deputy leader of the pharmaceutical group at a health center in Hengshan county in Hunan province, according to China Youth Daily.
Florida Highway Patrol trooper Mithil Patel is being hailed as a hero after risking his own life to save a local businessman from getting hit by a spinning car.
The 31-year-old trooper was surveying a prior crash involving Rony Bottex at Interstate 95 in southern Martin County near Hobe Sound last week when another vehicle spun out of control after getting hit in a separate accident.
A delivery man who plunged into a river to rescue a drowning girl in eastern China has been hailed as a hero on social media.
On Oct. 13, the 6-year-old girl slipped and fell into the river while washing a mop in Shaoxing, Zhejiang province, CGTN reported.
A 25-year-old soon-to-be doctor saved his former primary school teacher’s life by donating 67% of his liver in what can be considered a very heroic act.
Jerome Chin bravely volunteered to give part of his liver to his former teacher, Leong Fong Peng, who used to discipline him when he was still studying as a child at Kong Min primary school in Kuantan, Malaysia in 2003, according to The Star.
A fan of the Japanese anime “My Hero Academia” is being praised for his heroism and bravery after saving a woman from her ex-boyfriend who aggressively tried to swing a machete inside a Starbucks in California.
Blaine Hodge, a 27-year-old local artist, was the only one who stepped in when people ran after realizing that the suspect was carrying a deadly weapon.
A 16-year-old teen sacrificed her own life to save her 11-year-old sister from falling down North Carolina’s Rainbow Falls at Gorges State Park in the Pisgah National Forest during the 4th of July holiday on Wednesday.
The tragic incident occurred around noon when the teen, identified as H’Money Siu, tried to save her sister by helping her get out of the pool above the falls, but was swept over the edge.
A Sikh officer is being praised as a hero on social media after shielding a young Muslim man from an angry mob in India.
The incident occurred around 12:00 p.m. on May 22 as the man was about to meet his girlfriend, a Hindu, at a temple in Uttarakhand, a state north of the country known for its Hindu pilgrimage sites.
Many Chinese netizens are paying their respect to a 50-year-old traffic cop from Jingshan county in central China’s Hubei province after he sacrificed his own life to save pedestrians from a driver who purposefully drove his car onto a busy sidewalk.
The compilation video shot by pedestrians from the sidewalk and the surveillance camera shows the driver going up and down the busy street of Chengzhong Road in Xinshi Town before plowing the sidewalk filled with people on Monday evening, April 30, Shine reported.