- Rucchi, one half of a mother-daughter YouTube duo, paid thousands of dollars to have her 9-year-old daughter Micchi undergo double eyelid surgery to change her appearance.
- “A girl needs double eyelids,” Rucchi tells Vice Asia in a recent video. “I have never seen a girl with monolids who I thought was pretty. Double eyelids are beautiful. Double eyelids are the beauty standard. I say this again and again.”
- Cosmetic surgeries are legal for anyone under the age of 18 in Japan if they have a parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Last year, a Japanese clinic conducted a survey and found that nine out of 10 teenagers hoped to undergo plastic surgery. Two years before that, seven out of 10 teenagers wanted the same.
- In 2020, a survey from the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) discovered that eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, made up over 64% of all surgical procedures in Japan that year.
A Japanese mother had her 9-year-old daughter go under the knife for a double eyelid surgery and is already considering future cosmetic operations, such as a nose job and breast augmentation.
The mother, only identified by her nickname Rucchi over her fear of being criticized by the public, shocked the internet after revealing to Vice Asia in a recent video from their “Deadly Beauty” series that she urged her daughter Micchi to undergo the surgery because her success would depend on her looks.
- A now-viral Instagram video posted by Preksha (@pre.xsha) on Wednesday shows her overjoyed parents dropping her off at Miranda House College in New Delhi, India.
- "Pov: You made your parents proud," the video’s onscreen text says.
- “They were dropping me off at ‘our’ dream destination Miranda House College, Delhi University,” Preksha explained in her post’s caption. “It was my first day so we were just exploring the campus and suddenly i noticed tears rolling down my father's eyes. He was so overwhelmed with happiness and was on another level of emotions.”
- Several Instagram users commented on Preshka’s video, with many of them sharing that it brought them to tears.
- “Too real. This is so beautiful I’m ugly crying at it.. Welcome to Miranda ya!” one Instagram user commented.
- Preksha’s viral video has already amassed over 12.4 million views and 1.3 million likes.
A video of a father shedding happy tears while dropping off his daughter at her new college last week has gone viral.
In an Instagram video posted by Preksha (@pre.xsha) on Wednesday, the man can be seen crying beside his wife while they ride in a rickshaw around Preksha’s campus in New Delhi, India.
- A Chinese man has been arrested and charged in Serbia for assaulting his 14-year-old daughter at a tennis court in Belgrade.
- A now-viral video of the incident shows the man punching, kicking and dragging the girl by the hair multiple times.
- Croatian actor Igor Jurić, who shared the video, called the unidentified father a “monster.”
- The harrowing footage also triggered reactions from professional tennis players, including former world No. 1 women’s doubles champion Pam Shriver, who called on Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic to intervene “behind the scenes.”
- The unidentified Chinese national reportedly admitted to his actions but tried to justify them as normal and acceptable behavior in China.
A Chinese man has been arrested and charged in Serbia for assaulting his own daughter at a tennis court in Belgrade, according to reports.
A video of the incident shows the man punching, kicking and dragging the 14-year-old child by the hair multiple times.
2-year-old Chinese girl washes her father’s laptop with soap after hearing him say it’s full of ‘trash’
- A mother in China’s Shandong province filmed her 2-year-old daughter washing a 9,000 yuan (approximately $1,245) MacBook with soap after the girl heard her father say it was full of “trash.”
- “Her father was asleep and snoring loudly. I heard someone was doing something in our bathroom,” the mother reportedly told local newspaper Jinan Times. “I entered the bathroom and saw what my daughter was doing. I almost died from anger.”
- Despite several attempts at turning the laptop on, Zhang could not get it to work.
- While she admitted she felt angry at first, she could not help but be amused by her daughter's gesture to help her father.
- “At that time I really wanted to hit her to teach her a lesson. But my second thought was that she is too young to understand what she did was wrong,” Zhang said.
A 2-year-old girl in China washed her father’s MacBook with soap after hearing him say it was full of “trash” during breakfast.
The incident happened inside the family’s home in China’s Shandong province on Oct. 20 when the girl’s mother, surnamed Zhang, heard the water running inside their bathroom. Zhang was shocked to find her husband’s MacBook submerged in soapy water and their daughter preparing to wash the laptop with more soap.
- A man named Lu from Zhejiang province in China suffered a parasitic infection after consuming a live crab that pinched his daughter.
- Lu, 39, sought medical help after he experienced extreme back pain two months later.
- Dr. Cao Qian of Shao Yifu Hospital detected pathology changes in his chest, abdomen, liver and digestive system but was unable to determine the cause of the pain.
- Cao said he “repeatedly asked him if he had ever eaten game, or anything unusual, anything that could cause allergies.”
- When his wife recalled the crab-eating incident, the patient finally admitted that he had consumed a live crab out of revenge for hurting his daughter.
- Cao recommended treatments after a blood test revealed that Lu was infected with at least three parasites. Lu has since recovered.
A Chinese man ended up with multiple parasitic infections after eating a live crab that pinched his daughter.
The 39-year-old man, identified only as Lu from Zhejiang province in China, told his doctor that he swallowed the crab alive in retaliation for pinching his daughter.
Netizens flood Jackie Chan’s Weibo account after his estranged daughter is spotted in free food line
- Etta Ng, the 22-year-old estranged daughter of superstar Jackie Chan and former beauty queen Elaine Ng, was spotted queuing for free food in Canada.
- Social media users immediately commented on her appearance, suggesting that she looked as though she were living on the streets.
- Users expressed their sadness over Ng’s situation and called on the action star to help her.
Social media users in China called for Jackie Chan’s attention after his estranged daughter was spotted queuing for free food in Canada.
- A video of Singaporean Twitch streamer Ng Sher Ren stopping her “Valorant” livestream to save her father’s life has gone viral.
- In the TikTok video, Ng can be seen playing the first-person shooter game with three teammates before hearing a sound nearby.
- After realizing that her father is not feeling well, she abandons her online match.
- “My dad had a heart attack… his heart stopped once in the hosp [sic]. His condition is stable now,” Ng wrote in her post’s caption.
- TikTok users commended Ng’s decision to attend to her father – even if that meant losing her match.
- Ng’s video, which was posted on Thursday, has already garnered over 670,000 views and more than 80,000 likes.
A video of a Singaporean Twitch streamer stopping her “Valorant” livestream to save her father’s life has gone viral.
TikTok user and influencer Ng Sher Ren posted the 30-second clip on Thursday. The video, which has already garnered over 670,000 views and more than 80,000 likes, starts with a zoom in of a scoreboard and onscreen text that says, “Threw the game but saved my dad’s life.”
Chinese parents win netizens’ hearts after transforming truck cabin into ‘princess bedroom’ for their daughter
- A mother and father from Qujing, a city in China’s Yunnan province, have captured the attention of Chinese social media users for transforming their coal freight truck cabin into a “princess bedroom” so that their 4-year-old daughter can travel with them on the road.
- The mother, only identified by the surname Hu, shared a video of her trucker husband and their daughter on social media earlier this month. The clip has already garnered more than 110 million views on Weibo.
- “We are 24 years old, not too young or too old; we cannot make everyone happy, but we will continue to work hard to make our little home better and better and our parents and child happy,” Hu wrote in response to questions from fans.
- Several social media users praised the couple for being “caring and loving,” while another person wrote, “Where the parents are is home.”
A mother and father from Qujing, a city in China’s Yunnan province, have captured the attention of Chinese social media users for transforming their coal freight truck cabin into a “princess bedroom” so that their daughter can travel with them on the road.
The mother, only identified by the surname Hu, posted a video of her trucker husband and their 4-year-old daughter on Douyin earlier this month.
- A Japanese teenager was arrested in Tokyo’s Shibuya ward on Saturday for stabbing two people.
- The 15-year-old reportedly stated that she "wanted to get the death penalty" and “wanted to practice” killing her mother.
- She has been accused of using a kitchen knife to stab a 53-year-old woman and her 19-year-old daughter at around 7:20 p.m.
- Both victims suffered severe injuries that will require at least three months to recover from, according to reports.
- The teenager reportedly planned on killing her mother and younger brother.
Police in Tokyo’s Shibuya ward have arrested a 15-year-old girl for stabbing a mother and daughter as “practice” before killing her own mother and younger brother.
At around 7:20 p.m. on Saturday, the girl reportedly stabbed a 53-year-old woman and her 19-year-old daughter from behind on a street in Maruyama-cho near Shibuya Station.
Chinese model Ming Xi shows off her 1-year-old daughter’s designer bag collection worth over $14,000
- Chinese model Ming Xi was criticized online for flexing her 1-year-old daughter’s branded bag collection worth 110,000 Hong Kong dollars (approximately $14,012) in a video uploaded to Xiaohongshu on July 10.
- Some of the designer bags include a miniature Louis Vuitton Nano Speedy bag that costs 14,100 Hong Kong dollars (approximately $1,796), a Chanel handle bag with chain for 18,000 Hong Kong dollars (approximately $2,290), a Chanel bucket bag with chain priced at 31,800 Hong Kong dollars (approximately $4,050), a Dior Micro Lady bag at 29,000 Hong Kong dollars (approximately $3,690) and a Dior Micro Saddle bag for 21,600 Hong Kong dollars (approximately $2,750).
- “It's a really, really small bag and is super cute! I feel my daughter can use it in the future,” Ming said about the Louis Vuitton bag. “It's very trendy to go retro nowadays, so I can buy a bigger Louis Vuitton Speedy and carry it together with her — I think that would be so cute!"
- Explaining her reasoning for why she bought the accessories now instead of in the future, Ming said, “I'm afraid that once the trend passes then they won't produce it anymore, so I thought, 'I'd better quickly buy them!'”
Chinese model Ming Xi showcased her 1-year-old daughter’s collection of branded bags, including Chanel, Dior and Louis Vuitton, in a video posted last month.
- A 70-year-old mother in China went on TV to beg her 38-year-old daughter who lives with six stray cats to “find a job and a man.”
- The daughter, who graduated from a top university and worked in Beijing and Shanghai, quit her job six years ago and became a pet vlogger.
- The mother expressed that she is “extremely worried” for her daughter’s future.
- She said she tried to convince her daughter to find a boyfriend and a job, but that her daughter refused, believing she can earn enough to support herself.
An “extremely worried” mother in China turned to a local TV station to help her 38-year-old daughter, who is single, unemployed and living with six stray cats.
The 70-year-old woman, surnamed Zhang, appeared on Chongqing TV and explained that her daughter had graduated from a top university and was previously employed in Beijing and Shanghai. Several years ago, the daughter quit her job and moved back home to Chongqing of southwestern China, reported Chongqing TV.
Taiwanese woman discovers her son’s kindergarten classmate is daughter of her husband and his mistress
- A Taiwanese woman who reportedly noticed that her son’s classmate resembled her husband discovered that the little girl’s mother was her husband’s mistress.
- The woman purportedly knew about the affair, having discovered it five years ago while pregnant. Both the mistress and husband promised to cut ties from each other.
- The woman said her husband denied the claim and pushed her to the ground.
- In an update post, the woman stated that she is six months pregnant and has moved in with her parents until the birth of her second child.
After reportedly encountering a little girl at her son’s preschool who bore a resemblance to her husband, a Taiwanese woman discovered her to be the daughter of her husband and his former mistress.
Following the discovery, the woman shared her story titled “My husband’s mistress’ daughter attends the same kindergarten as my son” to an online forum called Breaking News Commune APP- Anonymous Commune, reported China Press.