A Chinese man had his savings stolen by sneaky thieves who used the facial recognition technology on his phone to unlock it while he was sleeping.
The man, only identified as Yuan from Zhejiang province, China was taking a nap when the thieves used his phone’s facial recognition system to unlock his phone. After waking up, he was shocked to find out that all of his money, 12,000 yuan ($1,800), was missing.
A motorcycle-riding thief was recently apprehende d after attempting to target the wrong girl in Indonesia.
Febrian Alia, a 15-year-old high school student in West Kalimantan, became an instant darling on social media after stopping the thief who snatched her phone on Friday.
Xiaomi, one of China’s premier phone companies, released a video teasing their latest smartphone — a foldable smartphone and tablet device.
On Weibo, Xiaomi co-founder and president Lin Bin posted a teaser video of their device which can fold on both sides to become a compact smartphone or unfold into a tablet.
Japanese netizens are divided over a viral story about a woman who found out that her fiancé, who she met when he “found” her lost phone, was the same person who stole it.
A Chinese woman who was doing the infamous “asian squat” in front of a parked SUV while fiddling with her mobile phone was nearly run over by a car
The incident, which was captured by a CCTV camera, reportedly happened on Sunday in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, according to local media.
A video of middle school students smashing their smartphones after getting caught using them in class has gone viral on Chinese social media.
The incident took place at a middle school in Yongzhou, Hunan Province on Sept. 4.
If you somehow encounter an automated message from a Mandarin-speaking woman claiming to be from the Chinese Consulate, chances are that you are being targeted for a new con.
Referred to as “robocall scam,” the con reportedly victimizes Chinese speakers in the United States and other parts of the world where there is a significant Chinese population.
A video circulating on Chinese social media shows a technician from a tech repair shop in China leaping out of his chair after the battery of the phone he was fixing suddenly bursts into flames.
The CCTV footage starts off with the technician hunched over the smartphone as he continues to repair and fiddle with the device’s power source using a pencil-shaped tool, according to the Daily Mail.
A man in China got the shock of his life when a iPhone battery exploded right in front of his face after biting down into it to check its authenticity.
The incident happened at an electronics mall in an unnamed city in China, according to Chinese reports.
A Chinese woman’s addiction to her mobile phone cost her her life after she fell to her death in a stairway in China.
The unnamed woman, who was apparently busy staring down at her phone, accidentally lost her footing and missed a step last Thursday as she was walking down the stairs from a pedestrian overpass in Suzhou, Anhui Province.
Mobile phones are typically not allowed inside operating rooms, but a Chinese hospital made an exception for a 69-year-old patient to relieve her anxiety.
A patient from China with a surname Zhu went to a hospital in Hangzhou in Zhejiang Province to address the varicose veins on her legs. The woman had suffered from varicose veins for more than ten years due to her job as a skilled worker which required her to stand while on the job.
It may not be even listed on its spec sheet, but being impervious to bullets is perhaps one of Huawei phones’ most special feature.
The Chinese phone brand appears to be challenging the classic Nokia phones in the toughness department.