- Henry Golding will star alongside Dakota Johnson in Netflix’s adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion.”
- Golding is set to play Mr. William Elliot, the handsome heir to Kellynch Hall whose true intentions remain unclear.
- Although the novel and film are set in the Regency era of Britain, the film is expected to take some “joyous artistic license.”
- “Persuasion” will be released on Netflix on July 15 after premiering in select theaters on July 8.
Henry Golding stars in Netflix’s trailer for the upcoming live adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion” with Dakota Johnson.
The “Crazy Rich Asians” star plays the role of the suspicious Mr. William Elliot, a distant cousin of Anne Elliot (Dakota Johnson) and heir to Kellynch Hall. Well-mannered, handsome and in search of a new bride after his wife’s death, Mr. Elliot sets his sights on Anne, prepared to use his charm to win her heart.
- Fans are sharing their thoughts on the Henry Golding versus Simu Liu casting debate after the Marvel star opened up about failing to land a role in the 2018 film “Crazy Rich Asians” despite auditioning four times.
- Several Twitter users argued that Liu being cast as Nick Young would have made more sense.
- “What does a malaysian/british actor know ab singapore?” one user wrote. “Most Singaporeans are ethnically Chinese anyway so Simu makes a lot more sense than a half white one but as i said yall LOVE the yts so get into it.”
- Meanwhile, other Twitter users defended Golding's casting, pointing out that the film is set in Southeast Asia with Southeast Asian characters.
- “Henry is half SEA. half Sarawakian. half Iban. guess where Crazy Rich Asians is set? SINGAPORE. A SEA COUNTRY. you should've picked a better argument…” one user argued.
- Regardless of what fans are saying, Liu took to Twitter on Sunday to say that “Crazy Rich Asians” was “PERFECTLY cast just the way it was,” adding that it “paved way for all of us.”
Marvel star Simu Liu has renewed buzz surrounding the 2018 film “Crazy Rich Asians,” with fans now sharing their thoughts on the Henry Golding versus Simu Liu casting debate.
The Twitter discourse began after Liu appeared in an episode of the podcast “How To Fail With Elizabeth Day” on May 18 while promoting his newly released memoir, “We Were Dreamers: An Immigrant Superhero Origin Story.”
“Eternals” and “Crazy Rich Asians” star Gemma Chan will portray Anna May Wong, known as the first Asian American movie star, in an upcoming biopic.
Chan, who will also executive produce, is partnering with producer Nina Yang Bongiovi and Working Title Films to develop the movie.
“Snake Eyes” and “Crazy Rich Asians” star Henry Golding recently shared his opinion on factoring in diversity during the search for the next James Bond.
The 007 mantle: After Daniel Craig bid farewell to the role of James Bond in “No Time to Die,” Golding shared that diversity should not influence the casting of the next Agent 007 in an interview with Radio Times.
“Crazy Rich Asians” actor Henry Golding recently showed off his official ownership of a CryptoPunk NFT artwork.
The CryptoPunks: On Nov. 15, the British-Malaysian actor shared a picture of the NFT piece “CryptoPunk 800,” which he purchased for over $650,000, on his official Instagram account.
For many, there’s no better way to celebrate life than by toasting with the loved ones who share your journey.
With Asian power couple Henry Golding and Liv Lo, there’s no better drink to toast to their incredible journey than Hennessy X.O in the new digital series “Original Odyssey.”
The “G.I. Joe” team raised some “questions” about the decision to cast Henry Golding as Snake Eyes due to his romantic comedy (rom-com) past, a producer in the upcoming origins movie revealed.
Movie genre past: Lorenzo di Bonaventura made the revelation in an interview with Empire on Tuesday, a day after Paramount released the final trailer for “Snake Eyes,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Getting started: Golding, who plays the film’s lead male character, Nick Young, said in jest that Warner Bros. would need to “lock down” director Jon M. Chu, 41, to make the movie.
“Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins,” which stars Henry Golding as the titular iconic character, dropped its first trailer on Sunday during the MTV Movie and TV Awards.
About the film: The highly anticipated spinoff from the G.I. Joe franchise centers on Golding’s character as he is “welcomed into an ancient Japanese clan and taught the way of the ninja warrior,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Actor Henry Golding will star alongside Dakota Johnson in Netflix’s upcoming adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion.”
About the adaptation: The film will be a modern take on Austen’s last completed novel, according to Deadline.
“Crazy Rich Asians” actor Henry Golding and yoga instructor wife Liv Lo are expecting their first child.
Golding, 33, announced the big news on Nov. 6 by posting a picture of him and his 35-year-old wife on Instagram with the caption, “2021 is already looking brighter,” according to The Straits Times.
Henry Golding has explained the reason behind his decision to play Kit, his first major LGBTQ+ role in the upcoming film “Monsoon.”
The movie, written and directed by Hong Khaou, first premiered at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in June 2019.