‘Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins’ Drops First Trailer Featuring Star Henry Golding
By Ryan General
May 17, 2021
“Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins,” which stars Henry Golding as the titular iconic character, dropped its first trailer on Sunday during the MTV Movie and TV Awards.
About the film: The highly anticipated spinoff from the G.I. Joe franchise centers on Golding’s character as he is “welcomed into an ancient Japanese clan and taught the way of the ninja warrior,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- “Snake Eyes” features a star-studded cast, including “Andrew Koji as Storm Shadow, Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness, Samara Weaving as Scarlett, Haruka Abe as Akiko, Tahehiro Hira as Kenta and Iko Uwais as Hard Master.”
- It will be the first time in the franchise that a film will focus on one of the fan-favorite characters instead of portraying a whole team of characters based on the popular G.I. Joe toyline.
- Robert Schwentke directed the film from a script by Evan Spiliotopoulos and Anna Waterhouse & Joe Shrapnel under the production of Paramount, MGM and Skydance in association with Hasbro.
Unmasked warrior: “Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins” marks the first time the adult version of the silent, masked ninja character is heard speaking and is shown with an unmasked face.
- Golding explained how important it was to see Snake Eyes’ face in the movie during a press junket in Japan.
- “Snake Eyes was always seen as a weapon, as almost an inanimate object,” said Golding. “But when you get to see someone’s eyes, you get to see that past, their future, the personality behind that.”
- According to Golding, the upcoming film will delve into the human aspect of the character and “see how he progresses and develops” as a person.
Set to release on July 23, the film unveiled first-look images of the film last Thursday in an exclusive with Entertainment Weekly.
Featured Image via Paramount Pictures
Share this Article
Share this Article