K-pop super label JYP Entertainment is teaming up with New York-based Republic Records on a joint venture to form a new North American girl group.
On July 25, a video announcement was released featuring both JYP Entertainment founder and chairman Park Jin-young and Republic Records founder and CEO Monte Lipman detailing the project titled America2Korea (A2K) and announcing auditions in September.
- K-pop boy group Got7 has returned with their highly anticipated comeback single “Nanana,” the first for the group since departing from JYP Entertainment last year.
- The six-track EP features songs all penned and produced by the seven-member group.
- Each member has found success with various solo activities, from releasing new music to acting to fashion projects since leaving JYP Entertainment.
- Got7 held a two-day concert in Korea for their fans this past weekend in celebration of their comeback.
K-pop boy group Got7 made a full group comeback on Monday with a music video for their new single “Nanana,” off of their self-titled EP.
The new EP features six tracks, all written and produced by the seven-member group. “Nanana” was composed by leader Jay B, who also wrote two other tracks: “Truth” and “Don’t Leave Me Alone.” The track “Drive Me to the Moon” was written by main vocalist Young-jae, while member Yu-gyeom self-composed “Two” and wrote “Don’t Care About Me” alongside member Jin-young.
- Twice member Im Nayeon announced her debut titular solo album today.
- Nayeon is the first member of Twice to have a solo album.
- A teaser image for the album was dropped on Twitter with a release date of June 24 at 1 p.m. KST.
- Nayeon, alongside her eight other groupmates, created their own Instagram accounts for the first time. The JYP Entertainment girl group wrapped up their first-ever stadium concert, a two-night show at Banc of California Stadium this past weekend.
Twice member Nayeon shared a teaser image and release date today for her first solo album, “Im Nayeon.”
NAYEON The 1st Mini Album “IM NAYEON”