A passenger flying from Bali to Australia was fined AU$2,664 (approximately US$1,870) after a security dog detected McMuffins and other food items in their luggage.
The passenger, who has not been identified, was found to be in possession of two egg and beef sausage McMuffins and a ham croissant when they landed at Australia’s Darwin International Airport.
A Beaverton, Oregon, couple is asking for help in their 1-year-old son Raiden Pham’s fight against a rare neurodegenerative disease caused by UBA5 gene mutations.
A rare disease: Linda and Tommy Pham’s baby Raiden Pham was born healthy on Feb. 26 last year.
With the number of coronavirus cases growing, more Asians and Asian Americans are reporting instances of hate and discrimination, including one woman who was reportedly called a “diseased b*tch” at a subway station in New York City.
A Facebook user who wished to be identified as Gin, caught the incident on camera. She wrote in the caption that a woman was sitting on a stairwell while donning a face mask in Chinatown at Manhattan’s Grand Street station when a male passerby approached her and called her a “diseased b*tch.”
The first case of coronavirus — a respiratory disease first reported in Wuhan, China where six people died and at least 200 people have been infected — has made its way to the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed on Tuesday.
Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said that a male patient in his 30s was being treated at Snohomish County, Washington, a two-hour drive north of Seattle.
Two individuals were diagnosed with pneumonic plague in Beijing, local authorities confirmed on Tuesday.
The disease, caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis, is the same form that killed up to 200 million people in the Eurasian pandemic infamously known as the Black Death.
A 22-year-old woman who recently graduated from the University of Mississippi and left to Thailand is now stuck in the country after developing Guillain-Barré syndrome, a rare disorder that has left her paralyzed from the neck down.
After waiting tables to save for her dream trip, Caroline Bradner of Henrico County, Virginia left home in October to teach in the Southeast Asian country.
Dr. Ricardo Pun-Chong was chosen as CNN’s “2018 Hero of the Year” for his decade-long commitment to charity work in Peru.
He has provided free housing, meals and support for poor families of sick children receiving free treatment.
A 5-year-old boy from Changchun is helping to pay his own medical bill to treat his life-threatening kidney disease through live streaming.
The boy, known by the nickname Xiaoshi (or “Little Rock”), was first diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome, a collection of symptoms sourcing from kidney damage including blood clots, infections, and high blood pressure, when he was only 14 months old.
Zhang Junli, a 40-year-old artist from Taiyuan, Shanxi province, China, is inspiring millions of people with her dedication to her craft and by living life to the fullest.
Zhang suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, a long-term condition in which the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints of the body instead of foreign substances like viruses or bacteria.
A video circulating on Chinese social media shows a mother feeding her young son live tadpoles with the belief that it will keep him healthy and fit.
A woman in Thailand made a tearful plea on local television after her psoriasis reportedly resulted in losing both her husband and job over concerns that she has AIDS.
The unfortunate ordeal of the 27-year-old masseuse, identified only as Arunsri, was brought to light this week by local actor Bhin Bunluerit via a Facebook post.
Some United States veterans who served in Vietnam in the late 1960s may have been infected by a slow-killing parasite that only shows its symptoms decades after its ingestion, a new study revealed.
Based on the research recently commissioned by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in South Korea, scientists believe that there is a significant link between liver flukes and a rare bile duct cancer also known as cholangiocarcinoma, which has mysteriously affected hundreds of veterans.