- The two Frenchmen whose assault on 47-year-old Somkuan Songkhot left him in critical condition in the Thai province of Surat Thani have been denied bail.
- Vincent Raymond Bugeya, 34, and Julien Gerard Rene Vincent, 28, were arrested and charged with assault of another person causing serious injury after they were caught on camera blocking traffic with their Porsche and attacking Songkhot.
- According to police, both men had alcohol present in their systems. No drugs were detected.
- Somkuan’s condition has reportedly stabilized, but he is still in a coma in the ICU and remains unresponsive.
- Police have requested that the Immigration Bureau investigate the foreigners’ business in Thailand.
The two Frenchmen whose assault on a Thai man on Saturday left him comatose in Koh Samui, Surat Thani province, have been denied bail.
Vincent Raymond Bugeya, 34, and Julien Gerard Rene Vincent, 28, were arrested and charged with assault causing serious injury after they were caught on camera blocking traffic with their grey Porsche Panamera and attacking 47-year-old Somkuan Songkhot. The attack left Somkuan with a brain hemorrhage, which required emergency brain surgery.
- A 47-year-old Thai man is in critical condition after two Frenchmen assaulted him in an unprovoked attack in Koh Samui, Surat Thani province.
- Somkuan Songkhot and his wife, Lakhana Salao, were riding home on their motorbike when a white Porsche they had been admiring began tailgating their bike and honking.
- After pulling over and asking if the drivers needed assistance, the car’s passenger got out and attacked Somkuan, causing him to hit his head on the pavement.
- Police arrested and charged both the 28 and 34-year-old Frenchmen, who confessed to attacking Somkuan, with assault of another person causing serious injury.
- Somkuan was rushed to Koh Samui Hospital, where he reportedly received emergency brain surgery to treat a brain hemorrhage and is still in critical condition.
A 47-year-old Thai man is in critical condition after two Frenchmen assaulted him in an unprovoked attack caught on camera.
Somkuan Songkhot picked up his wife, Lakhana Salao, from her cleaning job at Central Mall in Koh Samui, Surat Thani province, on Oct. 15 and were driving home on their motorbike when they were passed by a white Porsche with Bangkok registration plates. According to Lakhana, Somkuan had said, “That car is so beautiful, when will we get a car like this?” They reportedly followed the Porsche to appreciate it for a bit longer before passing.
- Eight teenagers connected to the assault and death of a 21-year-old man in Yongchang County in the Chinese province of Gansu between July 29 and July 30 have been arrested, authorities said in a statement on Tuesday.
- The incident reportedly occurred in late July after a 14-year-old boy identified by the name Guo asked for the help of seven other accomplices, six of whom were later discovered to be “street gangsters,” to beat up the man known only as Mao.
- The group allegedly beat up the man while a girl filmed the act and later posted the video on Chinese social media on Aug. 8.
- Guo and his group were accused of taking Mao’s comatose body and burying him alive on a hillside.
- Mao’s lifeless body was found on Aug. 1 after his mother reported him missing on July 30, according to reports.
A group of teenagers has been arrested for beating up a man and burying his comatose body in Yongchang County in the Chinese province of Gansu last month.
In a statement on Tuesday, Gansu province police announced the arrest of eight teenagers connected to the murder of a 21-year-old man known only as Mao.
- Jin Yut Lew recently woke up from his coma after being brutally beaten and “left for dead” near Chinatown in Chicago on April 7.
- The Chinese father was transferred to a long-term care center, according to his family.
- While his memory and speech are not back, Lew can now follow commands with his hands and respond to some questions with head nods.
- The victim was previously diagnosed with severe brain trauma and underwent brain surgeries after he was carjacked, robbed and brutally beaten in the head with a blunt object.
- No arrests in relation to the assault have been made. The Cook County Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone with information leading to the arrest of the suspect.
A father who was brutally beaten and “left for dead” near Chinatown in Chicago last month recently woke up from his coma.
Jin Yut Lew was transferred to a long-term care center, according to his family.
Woman suffers ‘most severe grade’ of traumatic brain injury after July 4 crash, driver still at large
A woman who spent nearly two weeks in a coma after shielding her daughter from a crashing vehicle has reportedly been diagnosed with the worst case of a traumatic brain injury.
What happened: Lam Nguyen, 44, and her daughter, Nhung Pham, 22, were watching fireworks in Anaheim, Calif., on Independence Day when a gray Chevy pickup truck plowed into the crowd they were standing with. Nguyen instinctively tried to protect Pham and consequently absorbed most of the impact.
A gay Asian man who fell into a coma following a brutal attack in Atlanta last month, is now making “tremendous progress” in his recovery.
Courageous recovery: Joshua Dowd, 28, had a very active day on Saturday as he tried to move his head, both of his arms and his legs following the incident, according to the recent update on his GoFundMe page.
A man in central China regained consciousness after spending five years in a coma, thanks to his devoted wife who nursed him more than 20 hours a day the whole time.
Li Zhihua, who lives in Xiangyang, Hubei province was riding a scooter to work when a motorbike knocked him down in August 2013.
A Scottish crash victim stunned physicians when he opened his mouth to speak in Malay — and only Malay — after waking up from a 24-hour coma in 1983.
Fraser Watt, now 60, was 24 years old when he encountered a terrifying car accident that nearly took his life.
A Chinese man has awoken from a coma after his 75-year-old mother nursed him day and night since his car accident 12 years ago.
The patient, named Wang Shubao, was involved in a car crash in Shouguang, Shandong in 2006. The accident left the man a quadriplegic and in a deep coma that lasted over a decade.
A mother in China was captured on video glued to her mobile phone while her baby daughter was drowning in a children’s pool during her first birthday celebration.
The disheartening CCTV footage shows the baby desperately struggling for over 90 seconds while the mother focuses her attention on her phone.
A woman from central China’s Hubei province, who fell into a coma late last year, woke up after hearing Taiwanese megastar Jay Chou‘s single “Rosemary.”
The 24-year-old woman, whose name was not revealed in the reports, fell into a coma in November 2017 after suffering from a brain dysfunction caused by a lack of oxygen, according to Wuhan Evening News via South China Morning Post. The woman’s condition reportedly got severe through the months to the point that her heart stopped beating three times and her kidneys and lungs were severely damaged.
A teenager from Guigang, in southern China’s Guangxi Province, was left in a deep state of coma with multiple organ failure after she was allegedly made to stand outside on a chilly night as punishment.
Yang Haoyue, a student of Guigang City Daxu Township Second Junior High School, who is believed to be 13 or 14, was rushed to the hospital on the evening of Nov. 29, Chinese media, The Paper, reported via South China Morning Post.