- Two men accused of a violent robbery that resulted in the death of an Asian senior man in Oakland, California, last year have reportedly been ordered to stand trial.
- Pak Ho, 75, was out for a morning walk when Teaunte Bailey, 27, allegedly approached and punched him. He fell on the ground and hit his head, resulting in a brain injury that took his life two days later.
- Demetrius Britton, 57, served as Bailey’s getaway driver, according to police.
- This week, both suspects were ordered to stand trial after a preliminary hearing, according to Bay Area News Group. Both have also pleaded not guilty to murder and robbery charges.
Two men accused in a violent robbery that resulted in the death of an Asian senior in Oakland, California, last year have reportedly been ordered to stand trial.
Teaunte Bailey, 27, and Demetrius Britton, 57, were arrested separately after the incident which occurred at the intersection of Jayne Avenue and Perkins Street near Lake Merritt on March 9, 2021.
‘Could I decide I was an Asian man?’: Sen. Ted Cruz’s question during SCOTUS nominee hearing goes viral
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked Pres. Biden’s Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, “Could I decide I was an Asian man?” as part of his line of questioning regarding an upcoming Supreme Court case regarding affirmative action in college admissions.
- The questions were a part of hypotheticals Cruz asked, including if Jackson could define what a woman was and if they were a protected class under Article III of the Constitution.
- Reaction from those on Twitter was quick, with many roasting Cruz’s question to Jackson.
- Judge Jackson declared she would recuse herself from the upcoming Supreme Court Harvard University affirmative action case if nominated.
The confirmation hearing for Pres. Biden’s Supreme Court nominee judge Ketanji Brown Jackson went viral Wednesday when Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked Jackson a series of hypothetical questions, most notably “Could I decide I was an Asian man?”
Sen. Cruz’s questioning originated from his challenge to Jackson to define what a woman is, referring back to a question Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) asked Jackson the day before: “Can you provide a definition for the word ’woman’? Jackson answered Sen. Blackburn with “Not in this context. I’m not a biologist.”
Editor’s Note: This post has been updated with the identity of the first suspect released by SFPD.
San Francisco Police have made an arrest in the assault and robbery of the elderly Chinese man who was collecting cans in the Bayview Hunters-Point neighborhood.
Last week, a group of Liverpool fans earned widespread condemnation on social media for pushing an Asian man into a fountain in Barcelona, Spain and continuing to mock him after the attack.
One of the men involved has since been outed and shamed by his fellow football fans, South China Morning Post reported.
Editor’s Note: Eric Trinh Chu is an educator from San Francisco. The opinions expressed in this piece are solely his own.
There isn’t much I find surprising about the news of Alek Minassian’s terrorist attack, or of his self-proclaimed idea of an “incel rebellion.” What surprises me is how much I see my younger-self staring back at me.
Indian actor Shahid Kapoor was named the “Sexiest Asian Man” of the year by British newspaper Eastern Eye.
Kapoor, 36, dethroned One Direction’s Zayn Malik, who held the title for the last two years.
From the people who brought you “Black Girls Kiss Asian Guys For the First Time” and “White Girls Kiss Asian Guys For The First Time on Valentine’s Day ,” ABCs of Attraction is back at it again with “Hispanic Girls Kiss Asian Men For the First Time on Valentine’s Day”.
They first found two Latina women who have never kissed an Asian man before.
An old Asian man is getting a lot of criticism for his questionable “spiritual massages” that involves kneading women’s breasts and private parts while at public spaces in New York.
In a number of his videos, the elderly masseuse, Luo Dong, approaches women at parks, beaches or on the street and offers them a free massage. Each of his massage sessions are recorded and uploaded onto one of his many accounts on YouTube.
In a social experiment, Asian men were paired with black women who’ve never kissed an Asian man before.
The video features Myesha Daniels and Stephanie Silva, both whom are models in Los Angeles.