Suni Lee disables comments on pic with boyfriend after ‘so much hate’ for her interracial relationship
- Three-time Olympian Suni Lee has disabled comments on her Instagram post featuring her boyfriend.
- The disabling comes on the heels of Lee’s comment earlier this month that she had received “so much hate” over her interracial relationship.
Suni Lee has disabled comments on her Instagram post featuring her boyfriend after she revealed earlier this month that she’d been receiving “so much hate” over her interracial relationship.
- The 13-year-old son of Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts, Samuel Kai Schreiber, went viral on Twitter in Japan for being “too beautiful.”
- Social media users compared photos of the boy to Japanese anime characters, including “Howl” from the iconic animated film “Howl’s Moving Castle.”
The 13-year-old son of Hollywood actors Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts was deemed “too beautiful” and compared to Japanese animated characters on social media.
Samuel Kai Schreiber recently went viral on Twitter in Japan for resembling an anime character after a Twitter user deemed him “too beautiful,” reported Sora News 24.
- British Asian actor Gemma Chan recently penned an essay about her father’s life as a Chinese seaman working for the British merchant navy.
- The 39-year-old actor touched on the hardships her father experienced, drawing comparisons to the abuse other Chinese seafarers endured under the British in the 1940s.
- Chan learned that her father was instrumental in fighting for his fellow crew members’ rights during his maiden voyage as a seaman.
“Eternals” star Gemma Chan recently wrote a heartfelt essay about her Chinese seaman father after learning about the hardships that seafarers like him endured under the British in the 1940s.
In her piece, which was published in The Guardian on Jan. 8, the 39-year-old actor wrote about the sacrifices her father made, working “for years on ships – mostly oil tankers – at sea for months at a time” and sending “money home to pay for his siblings’ school fees.”
- B.I, the former leader of South Korean boy band iKon, was banned from Chinese social media platforms such as Douyin and Weibo on Wednesday after Chinese K-pop fans condemned him for his history of drug abuse.
- The 25-year-old rapper, whose real name is Kim Han-bin, was found guilty of cannabis and LSD use in September 2021.
- He was slapped with a three-year suspended prison sentence and four years of probation for illegal drug use.
B.I, the former leader of South Korean boy band iKon, was recently banned from Chinese social media platforms such as Douyin and Weibo after Chinese K-pop fans condemned him for his history of drug abuse.
The 25-year-old rapper, whose real name is Kim Han-bin, was banned following a New Year’s Day post in which he announced he would constantly update his content on the platforms, saying, “Let’s contact more in the new year,” according to state-run Global Times.
- Actor Nicolas Cage and actress Riko Shibata are expecting their first child.
- The couple got engaged via FaceTime and were married in Las Vegas last year.
- Shibata is Cage’s fifth wife, and their baby will be his third child.
Hollywood star Nicolas Cage confirmed his actor wife Riko Shibata’s pregnancy with their first child together.
A spokesperson for Cage confirmed the couple’s pregnancy to CNN on Jan. 7 on the actor’s birthday.
- Former Day6 member Jae Park called K-pop star Jamie Park a “thot” during a recent livestream.
- Jamie indirectly responded to Jae’s derogatory comments via tweets that she has since deleted.
- Jae has since apologized to Jamie, his former labelmate at JYP Entertainment.
Jae Park, a former vocalist and guitarist of the South Korean pop rock band Day6, has apologized for remarks he made about K-pop artist Jamie Park.
Jae, who has recently been broadcasting on Twitch since his hiatus from music, took a jab at his former JYP Entertainment labelmate during a recent livestream.
- Hayao Miyazaki, the celebrated co-founder of Japanese animation studio Studio Ghibli, turned 81 on Jan. 5.
- Fans of the animator/director/writer sent birthday wishes on social media, including Nickelodeon Animation, which paid tribute to his work through an original cartoon.
Hayao Miyazaki, the internationally acclaimed animator-director behind Studio Ghibli, celebrated his 81st birthday on January 5 amidst tributes to his work on social media.
Tributes to the legendary director could be found on social media under the hashtag #HayaoMiyazaki. Nickelodeon Animation posted an “ode” in the form of a cartoon integrating Studio Ghibli’s signature style and references with some of Nickelodeon’s own characters.
- Peter Dante, the actor who frequently appeared in several Happy Madison Productions films alongside Adam Sandler, was filmed having a meltdown at a Korean BBQ restaurant in Los Angeles.
- He allegedly called the hostess “garbage” and a “c**t” during his outburst.
- The actor has drawn public attention for previous incidents including an arrest in September for threatening his neighbor over construction noises and getting kicked out of a hotel in Los Angeles for threatening a Black staff member in 2013.
“Water Boy” (1998) actor Peter Dante was recently caught having a meltdown at a Korean BBQ restaurant in Los Angeles after a server refused to serve him for not wearing a mask indoors.
The profanity-laden outburst occurred at the Quarters Korean BBQ in L.A.’s Koreatown on Monday night, according to TMZ. Dante was allegedly trying to get a table at the restaurant when the hostess told him he would not be served because he was not wearing a mask.
Two-time Olympic medalist Michelle Kwan announced on Wednesday that she gave birth to a baby girl after sharing that she has always wanted to be a mother.
Appearing on the February issue is fashion model-turned-actress Jung Ho-yeon, who graced countless screens as Kang Sae-byeok, or Player 067, in last year’s global sensation “Squid Game.”
The magazine tweeted a picture of the cover on Wednesday, along with an accompanying profile on the 27-year-old actress, detailing her journey from catwalks to the international stage.
- Model and actor Paing Takhon from Myanmar was sentenced to three years in jail with hard labor for his participation in pro-democracy protests earlier in 2021.
- News of his sentencing broke at the same time entertainment website TC Candler named him the “Most Handsome Face” of 2021.
- TC Candler captioned their clip of Paing Takhon with the words “Free this man.”
Model and actor Paing Takhon was sentenced to three years in jail for speaking out during protests in Myanmar, in the same week he was named the “Most Handsome Face” of 2021 by entertainment site TC Candler.
Takhon was named the world’s “Most Handsome Face” of 2021, coinciding with the model and actor’s sentencing this week for his support of the anti-coup protests in Myanmar earlier this year. He was arrested in April, following his public support of protestors on social media.