- An Asian man in his 60s was dragged several feet on the road during a carjacking in Oakland, California’s Chinatown on Sunday.
- The victim suffered cuts and bruises to his face, hands, legs and feet.
- Oakland police are still searching for the suspect.
An Asian man aged in his 60s was dragged in the street during a carjacking in Oakland, California’s Chinatown.
The unidentified victim drove up to the Won Kee Supermarket and stepped out of his car, leaving his door wide open as he went to pick up a bag of rice. In a matter of seconds, another man was captured on surveillance camera entering his vehicle shortly before 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- Jin Yut Lew recently woke up from his coma after being brutally beaten and “left for dead” near Chinatown in Chicago on April 7.
- The Chinese father was transferred to a long-term care center, according to his family.
- While his memory and speech are not back, Lew can now follow commands with his hands and respond to some questions with head nods.
- The victim was previously diagnosed with severe brain trauma and underwent brain surgeries after he was carjacked, robbed and brutally beaten in the head with a blunt object.
- No arrests in relation to the assault have been made. The Cook County Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone with information leading to the arrest of the suspect.
A father who was brutally beaten and “left for dead” near Chinatown in Chicago last month recently woke up from his coma.
Jin Yut Lew was transferred to a long-term care center, according to his family.
- The San Francisco Police Department arrested two teens, aged 14 and 16, from Oakland for two different armed carjacking incidents in San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon. One of the suspects allegedly pointed a gun at both victims.
- The first incident happened on Mississippi Street at around 3:10 p.m., while the second incident was called in an hour later in Galewood Circle.
- The suspects managed to get away using the second victim’s BMW. Police received a call 15 minutes later about a car driving recklessly on Interstate 80 towards Bay Bridge, and a car chase ensued. The suspects exited their vehicle following a collision, while authorities continued to pursue them on foot beforing making two arrests.
- The juveniles were booked at San Francisco’s Juvenile Justice Center and are facing a slew of charges, including elder abuse, burglary, carjacking and attempted carjacking. The younger suspect is also facing additional charges for carrying a firearm in a public place while masked and carrying a loaded firearm with the intent to commit a felony.
A pair of Oakland teens have been arrested for two different armed carjacking incidents of two Asian men in San Francisco.
The adolescent boys, aged 14 and 16, were apprehended following a brief car and foot chase with authorities in Treasure Island, San Francisco, on Monday, March 28, according to the police report.
A 19-year-old Asian man was fatally shot while shielding his girlfriend from a group of carjackers in San Mateo, Calif., on Friday night.
What happened: The victim, identified as Ashly Tianson of Daly City, according to the Mercury News, was shot in the parking lot of San Mateo Adult School at 789 East Poplar Avenue when the officers were dispatched around 9 p.m.
San Francisco Police have arrested the second suspect in the carjacking and abduction of two children earlier this month.
San Francisco Police have arrested a suspect in a carjacking and abduction of two children over the weekend.
Erlin Obani Romero, 25, was arrested Tuesday on counts of kidnapping, robbery, conspiracy, auto theft and other crimes, according to KTVU.
Two children kidnapped during a carjacking while their father was on a DoorDash delivery run in San Francisco are now safe in their home on Sunday, authorities said.
An officer found the 1-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl inside their father’s Honda Odyssey minivan that was stolen on Jackson Street in Pacific Heights, San Francisco, around 1 a.m. on Sunday, ABC7 News reported.
Vietnam War veteran Saylee Vang was approached by an armed gunman Monday morning in Milwaukee attempting to take his car.
The 66-year-old veteran was checking on his garden around 9 a.m. when two young men had demanded his car keys. Vang said no and the suspects ran-off. He used his instincts from the war and attempted to chase the men in his car, in which he said that the suspects fired four shots at his vehicle, Vang told FOX6 News. He is not hurt.
Tanya Nguyen, the 12-week pregnant first-grade teacher who was viciously stabbed during a carjacking in California last week, is finally speaking out.
In a video posted on YouTube on Sunday, Nguyen, who teaches at a Catholic school in Beverly Hills, expressed how grateful she was for all the help, support and love following the attack.
Kim Dang was getting out of her car in her driveway when someone punched her, pushed her down and stole her silver Honda on Monday.
The 76-year-old woman said she swims everyday and was on her way back from a workout when she was brutally carjacked at her Houston, Texas home.