K-pop girl group Girls’ Generation (SNSD) will have a full group comeback in celebration of their 15-year anniversary, releasing new music for the first time in five years.
The SM Entertainment legends’ last release was their sixth studio album “Holiday Night” in 2017.
- Pokémon shared a special video on Twitter honoring the anime’s 25-year-run so far.
- The video features highlights of Ash’s journey and a rundown of all his Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar.
- The music in the video is the original Japanese anime opening song “Mezase Pokémon Master” sung by Rica Matsumoto, the Japanese voice actor for Ash.
- Ash’s journey isn’t over, with more to come including a reunion with his Greninja, Sinnoh rival Paul and battles with champions competing in the world tournament.
The Pokémon franchise took to Twitter with a special video commemorating 25 years of the anime series.
The video shows main protagonist Ash (Satoshi in Japan) and the numerous Pokémon he has caught along his journey across Kanto, the Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar since the animated series first aired in 1997.
- Nearly 3 million AAPI adults have experienced a hate incident since the beginning of 2021, a new survey suggests.
- The estimate dwarfs figures of self-reported cases from community monitoring websites, indicating that anti-Asian hate is more widespread than some may realize.
- The survey also showed that Asian American women and men experience hate crimes and incidents at nearly similar levels, contrary to existing reports that women were victimized in twice as many cases.
- The poll also shed light on how other minorities had been affected by hate since January 2021.
Nearly 3 million AAPI adults have experienced a hate incident since the beginning of 2021, according to a new survey conducted by national publisher AAPI Data and management firm Momentive.
The survey, released on the anniversary of the Atlanta spa shootings, polled 16,901 U.S. adults from March 2-9, 2022. Of the total sample, 1,991 identified as Asian or Asian American, while 186 identified as Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.
‘Only by understanding history can we grasp the way forward’: China marks 84th anniversary of Nanking Massacre
On Monday, China held a ceremony commemorating the deaths of thousands of soldiers and civilians at the hands of the Japanese Imperial Army during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945).
Remembering the dead: Marking the 84th anniversary of the Nanking (Nanjing) Massacre, the memorial service attracted over 3,000 people in Nanjing, China’s former capital in Jiangsu Province, reported South China Morning Post.
A record number of Hongkongers gathered for a vigil dedicated to mourning activists who had lost their lives in the bloody 1989 crackdown on democracy protesters in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square.
The crowds were dressed mostly in black and white as they began gathering between 6 and 7 p.m. Many came prepared with umbrellas and raincoats due to the light rain as battery-powered candles were distributed to the arrivals.
It’s official: Alibaba founder Jack Ma is the most badass magnate on the face of the earth. That’s aside from the fact that Asia’s richest man, for one, made $1 billion in five minutes.
The world came to this conclusion on Sept. 8, when e-commerce giant Alibaba — which is currently building its first physical mall in history — held its 18th anniversary at Huang Long Stadium in Hangzhou, eastern China.