- Hideo Kojima, the creator of the popular “Metal Gear Solid” video game series, responded to being incorrectly identified as the assassin of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe after an online joke was taken too far.
- On June 9, the video game designer released a statement via Kojima Productions’ official Twitter denouncing the spread of “fake news and rumors.”
- The source of the misinformation appears to come from a thread posted on 4chan, an imageboard website notorious for pranking journalists.
- The “joke” went viral, however, after French alt-right politician Damien Rieu tweeted pictures of Kojima with the caption “Far left extremism kills.”
- News outlets in Greece and Iran proceeded to report on the misinformation, incorrectly identifying Kojima as Abe’s killer.
Hideo Kojima, the creator of the popular “Metal Gear Solid” video game series, responded to being incorrectly identified as the assassin of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe after an online joke was taken too far.
On June 9, the video game designer released a statement via Kojima Productions’ official Twitter denouncing the spread of false information.
“Death Stranding” director Hideo Kojima has been awarded two Guinness World Records and is now recognized as the “most followed game director on Twitter and Instagram.”
Game creator Hideo Kojima (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) is now a record holder for: ✅ Most followers on Twitter for a video game director
During his trip to Japan, Conan O’Brien paid a visit to legendary game director Hideo Kojima in his studio and revealed that he will make a cameo appearance in the highly anticipated game “Death Stranding.”
The tour, which was showcased during Wednesday night’s episode, gave a glimpse of what is inside the Kojima Production’s office in Tokyo, Japan.
If you’re a gamer like me, you’ve started to see targeted ads for the upcoming “Slender Man” movie pop up in your news feed. Set to release on May 18, 2018, the film follows the story of a young girl who goes missing after summoning Slender Man in a ritual with three of her friends.
While many fans fear the film will tank due to performance history of video games-turned-movies, the character is actually based off the creepypasta meme of the same name, rendering that point completely moot. Yet the game’s importance can’t be ignored, as Slender Man didn’t truly become popular until indie game studio Parsec Productions created “Slender: The Eight Pages“. It received a lot of media attention from gaming publications, lauding the title and praising it on the same level as other big names in the genre such as “Amnesia: The Dark Descent“.
Director Jordan Vogt-Roberts has made progress on his highly-anticipated movie adaptation of Hideo Kojima’s popular espionage video game “Metal Gear Solid”, teaming up with a new writer for the upcoming project.
According to Variety, writer Derek Connolly is officially on board to pen the “Metal Gear Solid” movie.