- People magazine released a sneak peek at some of the celebrities featured in this year’s Sexiest Man Alive issue.
- AAPI male celebrities who made the cut include Ke Huy Quan, Jo Koy and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- Johnson was featured on the cover of 2016’s Sexiest Man Alive issue.
- Other AAPI leading men to make the list include Keanu Reeves, who was retroactively awarded the honor of sexiest man after People never picked a Sexiest Man Alive in 1994.
People magazine released a sneak peek at some of the celebrities featured in this year’s Sexiest Man Alive issue, and Asian American and Pacific Islander stars have proven they deserve to be on the list.
Simu Liu opens up about repairing his relationship with his immigrant parents after childhood trauma
- Simu Liu has opened up about his complicated relationship history with his immigrant parents in an interview with People.
- Cultural differences and expectations for him to be perfect caused a rift earlier on, later exacerbated by his B-average performance in school.
- "As I've gotten older, I've found empathy as to what they were going through at the time. We've come so far," he says.
Simu Liu has opened up about making peace with his parents, who he once considered the “worst parents in the world” after mutual trauma and cultural differences caused a rift early on in his life.
The “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” star shared his story in an interview with People in light of his newly released memoir “We Were Dreamers: An Immigrant Story.”
Another major American celebrity publication is being criticized for misidentifying several Asian American actors in its published photos.
In an earlier report, People magazine was called out by “Crazy Rich Asians” actor and “Daily Show” correspondent, Ronny Chieng, for misidentifying him and his wife, Hannah Pham, as Randall Park and Jae W. Suh, respectively. Tan Kheng Hua was also mistaken as Michelle Yeoh.
Celebrity designer Vern Yip, who has appeared on TLC’s “Trading Spaces”, has been featured in People Magazine’s 2017 “World’s Most Beautiful” along with husband Craig Koch and their two children.
Yip, 48, and Koch love to travel together, and they bring their 6-year-old daughter Vera Lillian Beatrix and 7-year-old son Gavin Joshua Mannox along for the adventures.
When it comes to the simple life choices that we make everyday, there really are only two kinds of people in the world.
You’re never really surprised when you hear that a good-looking person isn’t really a good person on the inside, but why is that?
A new study has shed light on why good looking people tend to be douchebags, but it’s not for the reasons you think — and it’s not entirely their fault. Just like how rich people and celebrities get the same rap, they are the way they are because of how we treat them.