- David Heslop, 36, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated causing fear of provocation or violence at the Newcastle Crown Court for spraying fire extinguisher foam and hurling racist insults at an Asian man at an Indian restaurant in South Shields, England, on April 22, 2018.
- Prosecutor Peter Sabiston said a group of men threw food at the victim before Heslop showed up to spray his body and face with the fire extinguisher foam.
- In a video of the incident, the victim can be seen sitting compliantly as the defendant – who denied being racist in court – hurls racial insults at him.
- Heslop reportedly said, “This is the first time you've been white.” He can also be heard referring to the victim as “grass.”
- Judge Robert Adams told Heslop, “It may be you are not, in fact, a racist person, and you will be sentenced on that basis."
- Heslop has been sentenced to eight weeks in jail, suspended for 12 months, and given a fine of £500 (approximately $653.10).
A businessman in England who was accused of spraying fire extinguisher foam and hurling racist insults at an Asian man in an Indian restaurant was sentenced to eight weeks in jail.
The incident occurred at the Indian Brasserie in the English town of South Shields on April 22, 2018. David Heslop, 36, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated causing fear of provocation or violence.
Man Gets Sprayed with Fire Extinguisher After Ignoring Gas Station’s Request to Stop Smoking Cigarette
A man who ignored a warning to stop smoking was met with the shock of his life when a gas station worker literally blasted a fire extinguisher in his face to put out the cigarette.
The incident, which was captured on surveillance camera in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province in China, happened on March 24 when the unnamed man pulled out of a gas station after filling up his car. However, he suddenly stopped his car at the entrance to light up a cigarette.
It may sound like an early – or late – April Fool’s joke, but Samsung has invented a flower vase that can act as an extinguisher when you throw it at a fire.
This new product, which was produced by Samsung’s subsidiary called Cheil Worldwide, is aptly called Firevase. It has multiple purposes, mainly as a flower vase, and if a fire breaks out, this can also be used as some sort of a fire extinguisher grenade.