About the film: The animation will feature humans and deep-water sea creatures, according to Deadline.
Oscar-winning director Bong Joon Ho addressed the rise of anti-Asian violence during his virtual Master Class at Chapman University’s Dodge College in Orange, California.
The “Parasite” director said to the class that Hollywood should respond to the ongoing social injustices by sharing stories that overcome these issues through film.
Bong Joon-ho, the Academy Award-winning director of “Parasite,” was reportedly blacklisted by the South Korean government four years ago for being too liberal.
Bong, along with his two other “Parasite” collaborators, actor Song Kang-ho and producer Miky Lee, were included on the list of 9,000 artists the South Korean government blacklisted in 2016, according to an op-ed by Korea expert S. Nathan Park in The Washington Post via Insider.
As more begin to recognize the creative prowess of “Parasite” director Bong Joon-ho — and ultimately join the growing #BongHive — tales about him have made rounds on Twitter to amuse the internet.
Among them is an anecdote involving Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, who is currently on trial in New York for five felony charges, including rape, criminal sexual assault and predatory sexual assault, according to The New York Times.
The South Korean dark comedy thriller took home Best Picture, Best Director (Bong), Best International Feature Film and Best Original Screenplay (Bong, Han Jin-won). They won four Oscars out of six total nominations, becoming the toast of Hollywood.
History was made at the Oscars 2020 on Sunday night after four of the most prestigious awards in the entertainment industry, including Best Picture, was won by the cast of “Parasite” and South Korean director Bong Joon-ho.
If there is one person in the world who feels the need to apologize to trophy engravers at the Oscars for giving them more work to do, it would be the legendary director of “Parasite.”
“Parasite,” the South Korean black comedy thriller film directed by Bong Joon-ho, is far from done reaping accolades overseas.
After becoming the first Korean film to ever win the prestigious Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year, the film earned three nominations in the upcoming 77th Golden Globe Awards.
Bong Joon-ho, the director of the critically acclaimed film “Parasite,” has revealed why we probably won’t see him in the director’s chair for any Marvel superhero movies.
The 50-year-old Korean director told Variety that he has a personal problem when it comes to superhero movies, specifically how the actors and actresses dress.
Bong Joon-ho’s genre-bending masterpiece, “Parasite” is a class allegory that juxtaposes the lives of two families living on the opposite ends of the socioeconomic ladder.
The acclaimed film was given the 2019 Palme d’Or award, the highest prize awarded at the Cannes Film Festival, making Bong the first Korean director to receive the honor, and is currently heavily predicted to be a leading contender for the 2020 Oscars.
AMC Theatres is being criticized online following a mistake on their Best New Movies list for October 2019 which listed South Korean director Bong Joon-ho’s award-winning “Parasite” as a story about a “rich Japanese family.”
The mistake was picked up by a Korean social media user on MissyUSA who wrote, “On AMC’s monthly recommended movies list, they seemed to have described the subject of ‘Parasite’ as a ‘Japanese family.’ At such a sensitive and tense time as well!”
After a successful run at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, receiving widespread critical acclaim and winning South Korea’s first-ever Palme d’Or award, “Parasite” is now ready for its global theatrical release.
Set for a North American release of October 11, the highly acclaimed black comedy-thriller from filmmaker Bong Joon-ho (“Snowpiercer”, ”Okja”) just released its chilling first trailer.