- Mattel’s Barbie Tribute Collection, which celebrates individuals who have “helped shape and impact culture,” includes a Vera Wang Barbie, released on May 5.
- Vera Wang is a Chinese American fashion designer well known for her bridal wear designs who was honored as “Womenswear Designer of the Year” in 2005.
- Wang said she was “overwhelmed” after being asked to join the Barbie Tribute Collection and is honored to be represented by “the ultimate icon.”
- The Vera Wang Barbie doll can be purchased online for $40.00 on the Mattel Creations website.
Mattel released a Barbie doll in honor of Chinese American fashion icon Vera Wang as part of its Barbie Tribute Collection on May 5.
The Tribute Collection celebrates the legacies of individuals who have helped “shape and impact culture.” Wang is the latest to be added to the Barbie collection in honor of her impact on the fashion industry.
‘Made the country proud’: Elton John, Vera Wang, Donovan Mitchell congratulate Nathan Chen on Olympic gold
- British music icon Elton John, Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell and legendary fashion designer Vera Wang all congratulated figure skater Nathan Chen, 22, on winning gold for the United States at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics last week.
- “Congratulations @nathanwchen for winning Gold skating to Rocket Man in the free skate finals in Beijing,” John wrote on Twitter.
- “Just want to say congratulations on getting the medal, bro,” Mitchell, 25, said in a video message for Chen. “You’ve done your thing, man. Continuously made the whole country proud.”
- “When you get the chance to dress an Olympian in a sport you so adore… it’s an honor and a privilege,” Wang, 72, wrote on Instagram.
American figure skater Nathan Chen has attracted attention from several big names in the sports and music industries after winning gold for the United States at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics last week.
One of the icons who congratulated Chen, 22, was British music icon Elton John, whose song “Rocket Man” was used during the Utah native’s performance on the ice.
Bridal gown designer Vera Wang is making jaws drop for her amazingly youthful appearance.