Viral video of 15-year-old girl walking home naked after alleged sexual assault in India sparks outrage
- A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped by five men who took her to a forest in Moradabad, India, on Sept. 1.
- The girl walked home naked for more than a mile on a busy road, where she was reportedly filmed by passers-by and pelted with stones. Surveillance footage of the girl has since been circulating online.
- The incident has sparked outrage on social media, with the Moradabad police receiving backlash for their inactivity and “laid back” investigation of the case.
- The teen’s parents claimed that their daughter has had mental disabilities since her childhood, and have since denied her allegations.
- According to the police, rape was not confirmed in the medical examination of the girl.
A video circulating online of a 15-year-old girl in India walking home naked after being allegedly gang-raped has sparked online outrage towards the police’s “laid back” investigation.
The teen was reportedly returning home at around 8 p.m. on Sept. 1 after having gone to a fair with a friend when five men on bikes allegedly kidnapped her and took her to a forest in Saidpur Khadar, Moradabad.
- A pitbull named “Nazi” mauled its 60-year-old owner after it saw her feeding a stray dog on Monday in Nakhon Ratchasima province in Thailand.
- The owner was found lying in a pool of blood with “gaping wounds” on her neck and upper arm.
- The victim’s condition and the dog’s fate following the attack are currently unknown.
- The dog’s name, which is used to describe a member of the German fascist party under Adolf Hitler from 1933 to 1945, was not viewed as unusual in Thailand.
A Pitbull named “Nazi” mauled its 60-year-old owner in northeast Thailand.
Nazi reportedly attacked its owner, identified as Supaporn, after it saw her feeding a stray dog at 2 p.m. local time on Monday in Nakhon Ratchasima province.
NYC ‘Duck Sauce Killer’ subjected his wife to ‘sadistic and violent sexual abuse’ for decades, lawyer says
- Dorothy Hirsch, the widow of alleged “Duck Sauce Killer” Glenn Hirsch, has claimed to be a victim of her late husband’s “sadistic and violent” behavior in a new court filing.
- Glenn, 51, was believed to have shot himself dead after being released on bail for the murder of Chinese food delivery worker Zhiwen Yan in Queens, New York City, on April 30.
- Dorothy, 62, was indicted earlier this month on a slew of charges in connection with firearms and ammunition found in her separate Briarwood home.
- In the court filing, defense lawyer Mark Bederow wrote that Glenn’s abusive behavior included “sadistic and violent sexual abuse, striking, cutting and menacing her with weapons, punching her, slapping her, threatening to kill her, extortion and contempt.”
- Bederow says the District Attorney’s Office knew about Glenn’s history of abuse before it greenlighted Dorothy’s arrest.
Dorothy Hirsch, the widow of alleged “Duck Sauce Killer” Glenn Hirsch, has claimed to be a victim of her late husband’s “sadistic and violent” behavior for decades — including a 1995 incident when she was allegedly tortured and raped in a motel room.
Glenn, 51, was accused of fatally shooting Chinese food delivery worker Zhiwen Yan in Queens, New York City, on April 30. Investigators traced his motive to a months-long beef with Great Wall, the restaurant Yan had worked in, which allegedly started from a duck sauce dispute.
- BBC Panorama’s investigative report uncovered a subreddit where thousands of users would allegedly trade and sell leaked explicit material featuring South Asian women.
- The forum was created and moderated by Reddit user Zippomad, who was later identified as Himesh Shingadia, a “university-educated” man who “works as a manager at a large company.”
- Before Shingadia deleted the subreddit, it reportedly had more than 20,000 members and over 15,000 images. Thousands of these images were sexually explicit pictures of 150 different women, according to BBC Panorama.
- Seven women who reportedly fell victim to the forum told BBC Panorama that Reddit is not doing enough to rectify the issue. Four victims claimed that the website never removed their pictures, while other victims said they waited eight months before their pictures were removed.
- "We know we have more work to do to prevent, detect, and action this content even more quickly and accurately, and we are investing now in our teams, tools, and processes to achieve this goal," a Reddit spokesperson told BBC Panorama.
- Shingadia reportedly took down his subreddit after being contacted by BBC Panorama and claimed that he made the forum to “appreciate South Asian women.”
An investigative report uncovered a subreddit where users would allegedly trade and sell leaked explicit material featuring South Asian women.
BBC Panorama reported that among the dozens of subreddits it looked into which were dedicated to sharing intimate photos and videos of women in the United Kingdom, one of them focused on leaked explicit material of South Asian women.
Man in India dies by self-immolation after his boss asks for sex with his wife in exchange for transfer
- A man in Lakhimpur, India, killed himself after his boss reportedly demanded to have sex with his wife in exchange for a transfer.
- Technical lineman Gokul Prasad poured diesel over himself outside his boss’ office, junior engineer Nagendra Kumar, on April 9.
- Kumar allegedly proposed that he would grant Prasad’s transfer if he were to “send his wife [over] for a night.”
- Prasad then poured diesel fuel on his body and set himself on fire outside Kumar’s office. He was rushed to the hospital where he died shortly after.
- Before his death, Prasad recorded a video complaining about the constant harassment and work abuse he received from Kumar and his aide over the past three years.
A man in India has died by self-immolation after his boss reportedly demanded to have sex with his wife in exchange for a transfer.
Gokul Prasad, a 45-year-old technical lineman, was feeling distressed after his boss, junior engineer Nagendra Kumar, offered to process Prasad’s transfer if he sent “his wife [over] for a night.”
- Two Sikh men, aged 76 and 64, went on a morning walk in Richmond Hill, Queens when two men approached and beat them with their fists and a stick on April 12.
- One suspect has been arrested while the other suspect is still at large.
- The New York Police Department (NYPD) are investigating the incident as a possible hate crime.
- The assault happened near the area where Nirmal Singh, 70, was punched in the face while on his way to the Sikh Cultural Society at around 7 a.m. on April 3.
Two Sikh men were attacked and robbed in an alleged hate crime nine days after another Sikh man was punched in the same Queens neighborhood in New York City.
The 76-year-old and 64-year-old men went on a morning walk in Richmond Hill when two men approached and beat them with their fists and a stick on April 12.
- An 88-year-old Asian woman was held at gunpoint during a home invasion robbery on the 100 block of Louisburg Street near Geneva Avenue in San Francisco on April 7.
- The woman was home alone when the robbers forced her into a bathroom around 1 p.m. before raiding her house.
- The San Francisco police have not yet identified any suspects but are currently investigating.
An 88-year-old Asian woman was held at gunpoint in a San Francisco home invasion robbery on Sunday.
Two men reportedly kicked open the back door of an Ingleside family’s house on the 100 block of Louisburg Street near Geneva Avenue on April 7. The woman was home alone when the robbers forced her into a bathroom around 1 p.m. before raiding her house.
- Jamel Taylor, 30, reportedly shot a 34-year-old man inside a Chinese restaurant in Frankford, Philadelphia, on Monday.
- A witness said the suspect stomped on his victim’s head after firing a second shot.
- The victim, whose identity has not been disclosed, was taken to Temple University Hospital, where he was eventually pronounced dead.
- Taylor is facing multiple charges including terroristic threats, murder and possession of a firearm with an altered manufacturer number.
A Philadelphia man has been arrested and charged in connection to a fatal shooting at a Chinese restaurant on Monday.
The incident, which left one male victim dead, occurred at a Chinese restaurant in the 4800 block of Frankford Avenue at around 8:45 p.m.
- Toronto Police officially identified on Wednesday a dismembered body found inside a garbage bag left near Eastern and Berkshire Avenues on Monday as Tien Ly, 46, the owner of the nail salon Beaute D’Amour.
- According to the police report, Ly was last seen by customers around 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- An employee of the salon said the business was still locked when he arrived for work on Monday and found Ly’s cellphone inside. The woman was reported missing on Tuesday.
- Authorities believe the person responsible for the murder used a collapsing shopping cart to move the remains. Police are now investigating the case as a homicide.
Warning: This article contains descriptions of violence some readers may find disturbing.
Police have identified remains found inside a garbage bag left on a Toronto sidewalk this week as those belonging to a missing woman.
- A viral video shows a gang of men berating and slapping a woman in India who was pleading for forgiveness after being accused of smoking inside the Golden Temple in Amritsar City in Punjab.
- In the Sikh faith, smoking is considered taboo since the tenth Sikh Guru, Gobind Singh, prohibited its use.
- Smoking inside gurdwaras is penalized under section 295A of the Indian Penal Code as “deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage” by insulting religious beliefs.
- After being beaten, the woman was handed over to the police “without a complaint.”
- According to a senior police official, the woman was released, as no proof was provided that she lit a cigarette in the Golden Temple.
Warning: This article contains footage of violence some readers may find disturbing.
A woman in India accused of smoking inside the Golden Temple in the Amritsar City in Punjab was reportedly beaten by a group of men.