- On Aug. 21, Krishnan Jayaraman recorded 37-year-old Singh Tejinder subjecting him to a racial tirade at a Taco Bell at Grimmer Boulevard in Fremont, California.
- Tejinder was caught on film spitting on the victim and calling him a “dirty Hindu” and a “disgusting dog.”
- The Fremont Police Department, which was alerted to the incident, conducted an investigation and presented the results to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office for review.
- On Monday, Tejinder was charged with a hate crime in violation of civil rights, assault and disturbing the peace by offensive language. Tejinder, who is currently not in custody, has been placed on probation.
An Indian American man has been charged with a hate crime after subjecting a fellow Indian American to racial abuse, calling him a “dirty Hindu” and a “disgusting dog.”
Krishnan Jayaraman was at a Taco Bell at Grimmer Boulevard in Fremont, California, on Aug. 21 when a 37-year-old man named Singh Tejinder began verbally abusing him.
- David Heslop, 36, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated causing fear of provocation or violence at the Newcastle Crown Court for spraying fire extinguisher foam and hurling racist insults at an Asian man at an Indian restaurant in South Shields, England, on April 22, 2018.
- Prosecutor Peter Sabiston said a group of men threw food at the victim before Heslop showed up to spray his body and face with the fire extinguisher foam.
- In a video of the incident, the victim can be seen sitting compliantly as the defendant – who denied being racist in court – hurls racial insults at him.
- Heslop reportedly said, “This is the first time you've been white.” He can also be heard referring to the victim as “grass.”
- Judge Robert Adams told Heslop, “It may be you are not, in fact, a racist person, and you will be sentenced on that basis."
- Heslop has been sentenced to eight weeks in jail, suspended for 12 months, and given a fine of £500 (approximately $653.10).
A businessman in England who was accused of spraying fire extinguisher foam and hurling racist insults at an Asian man in an Indian restaurant was sentenced to eight weeks in jail.
The incident occurred at the Indian Brasserie in the English town of South Shields on April 22, 2018. David Heslop, 36, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated causing fear of provocation or violence.
A Vietnamese restaurant owner was shocked when a woman unleashed a racist rant against her in a Houston parking lot.
Sammi, who owns the Vietnamese restaurant Vietopia, was able to film the incident that occurred on Wednesday at the Kroger parking lot on the Buffalo Speedway in Houston, according to ABC13.
Brooklyn-born Chinese American rapper, China Mac, has created a GoFundMe for the elderly man who was attacked while picking up cans in San Francisco.
A woman in Toronto, Canada allegedly lashed out in a racist tirade against a group of Asians that quickly escalated into a physical brawl and a road chase.
The incident, which was partially caught on video, reportedly took place at a McDonald’s outlet on Yonge St. and Dundas St. West at 3 a.m. on Sunday (EST).
A man trying to intervene in a “racially-motivated hate crime” in Manchester, England last month ended up on the receiving end of a brutal beating that left him with a broken nose and fractured jaw.
According to 50-year-old Clive Pyott, two men were attacking an Asian boy on Stretford Road in Hulme on the evening of August 24 and he felt he had to do something.
Two Asian men were allegedly verbally and physically assaulted after being called “gooks” by a Caucasian woman who didn’t look while she was reversing out of a parking spot in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dương Nghệ Lý detailed his encounter in a Facebook post. Reportedly, Lý and his friend were berated by racist speech when he did not yield to a woman backing out of a spot.