- Celebrity chef and Momofuku founder David Chang shocked the internet in a recent video of him cooking a mouthwatering piece of salmon in 5 minutes – with a microwave.
- “I like steamed fish, I also had very little time to get dinner on the table for my kids,” he explains in the now-viral video.
- The Asian American restaurateur first adds soy sauce to a piece of salmon in a microwave-safe bowl.
- He then adds some agave nectar and seasoned salt before combining the ingredients with his fingers and placing a microwave-safe lid on the bowl.
- To cook the salmon, he uses a microwave for five minutes on standard power and recommends letting the fish rest for around at least 1 minute.
- The video, which was posted on Oct. 28, has amassed over 660,000 views and over 60,000 likes.
Celebrity chef and Momofuku founder David Chang shocked the internet by cooking a mouthwatering piece of salmon in five minutes – with a microwave.
In a now-viral TikTok video, Chang tells his followers to “think of a microwave as a futuristic steamer.”