- Tan Boon Hwee, 32, was sent to prison for two weeks and five days after pleading guilty to two counts of outrage of modesty on Wednesday.
- The Singaporean man was arrested for molesting and taking pictures of women’s feet in two separate incidents from 2017 and 2019.
- “Although the accused's outrages of modesty are less intrusive because it involves feet and not private parts, it is anything but harmless,” Deputy Public Prosecutor Chong Kee En said.
- Tan pretended to work for a non-existent charity in 2017 and for Singapore’s People’s Association in 2019.
- Tan was also fined 8,000 Singaporean dollars (approximately $5,876) in 2019 after being charged with five counts of outrage of modesty. He reportedly faced two counts of the same charges back in 2014.
A Singaporean man who pretended to be a charity worker so that he could molest and take pictures of women’s feet is now in jail.
Tan Boon Hwee, 32, pleaded guilty to two counts of outrage of modesty on Wednesday. He was sentenced to two weeks and five days in jail for two separate incidents that occurred in 2017 and 2019.
A real estate billionaire in China was sentenced to only five years in prison for molesting a 9-year-old girl in his hotel room.
The details: Chinese tycoon Wang Zhenhua was arrested and detained a year ago for the sexual assault that resulted in the girl suffering from vaginal lacerations.
Mark Andrew Smith, 40, was handed down a 2-year suspended jail sentence at a local court in Phnom Penh after being found guilty of sexually abusing a 5-year-old Cambodian girl.
Smith, who was the victim’s British vice principal at Golden Bridge International School, reportedly took the girl home where he molested her.
An Australian man was sentenced to an 11-month prison sentence in Singapore for molesting two women in separate incidents.
Wade James Burridge, 34, was convicted of two charges of outrage of modesty for victimizing the two women in a span of just two hours, according to the Straits Times.
American assistant language teacher (ALT) Jason Allison, 44, has been arrested by the Tokyo metropolitan police on the suspicion of molesting a 16-year-old girl, according to The Mainichi Shimbun.
According to authorities, Allison spoke with the 16-year-old in Roppongi on June 27, taking her back to his Shibuya Ward apartment, where he molested her. The second-year student reported the incident to the Metropolitan Police Department’s Harajuku Police Station on June 29. Allison claimed that he thought the student was 18 and was quoted telling the police that “I didn’t know she was 16.” Officials allege that he did, in fact, know that she was 16-years-old; he is now being charged with violating a metropolitan ordinance to promote the sound growth of youth.
A female teacher from Seoul, South Korea, has been arrested by local authorities for having a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old male student.
The 32-year-old teacher, whose name has been kept hidden, was nabbed by the Gyeongnam Provincial Police Agency on Tuesday, Straits Times reported. She is now facing charges of underage rape and molestation.