- A viral video by digital creator Nikhita Kini shows her sending her late father’s shirts over to a company in India to make quilts out of them.
- Kini posted the heartwarming Instagram reel on Father’s Day last month, garnering over 2.2 million views and over 162,000 likes as of this writing.
- The beginning of the video shows a folded stack of shirts in a cardboard box with onscreen text that says, “2 years ago we sent dad’s favourite shirts to a magical place.”
- In her post’s caption, Kini thanked Purkal Stree Shakti, a business in India that sells both original and custom quilts, and said they do “God’s work” by “giving people more than just a warm blanket.”
- Kini also wrote that she was too overwhelmed to film herself opening her package from Purkal Stree Shakti in 2021 since its arrival coincided with her father’s birthday, March 8.
- Instagram users expressed their love for the reel, with many sharing their own stories about their fathers’ shirts.
A video that shows a digital creator sending her late father’s shirts over to a company in India to make quilts has gone viral.
Nikhita Kini posted the heartwarming Instagram reel on Father’s Day last month. The video, which Kini claims took her two years to complete, has since garnered over 2.2 million views and over 162,000 likes.
- The clearance rack feels a little lonely tonight. I would mark myself down by 10% every day for you, never hitting zero — hoping that you would finally choose me and my melted crayons over your cheap champagne and Heineken. But you never do.
Somewhere in downtown Brooklyn, my future father is ironing his only nice dress shirt and practicing pulling out the chair for a girl he hasn’t met yet. He thinks about calling one of his older brothers for some last-minute kissing advice, having never locked lips with anyone before, but ultimately decides against it. He has very little hope for his mother’s weekly arrangements anyway.
George Takei, known as “Uncle George” to fans, expressed on social media that one of his biggest regrets was never having children.
The tweet: The “Star Trek” actor shared in a tweet from Father’s Day on Sunday that one of his biggest regrets was “never becoming a dad.”
1/ This Father’s Day, I compiled the most on-brand anecdotes of my dad, who is basically an Asian Ron Swanson. Thread: pic.twitter.com/zlB244clSl
Father’s Day is coming up and this commercial may make you tear up.
The ad by Globe Telecom company in the Philippines shows the general day-to-day text exchanges between a father and a daughter. Their text relationship is rather simple as the daughter is usually texting her dad for assistance either to pick her up or help her with car problems.
A man in Pennsylvania became an instant millionaire from a scratch-off lottery ticket that was given to him as a last-minute Father’s Day gift.
Joseph Morrah, a 61-year-old truck driver, was less than 200 days away from retirement, but is taking an early leave thanks to his new winnings.