- A Reddit user from Singapore said they lost a friend and got “destroyed” in a group chat after using the abbreviation “DTF” while referring to Taiwanese restaurant Din Tai Fung.
- The user said they were trying to guess the restaurant where a friend was having a meal of dumplings and soup.
- But as it turned out, the user’s friend took the abbreviation for its more suggestive acronym meaning “Down to f*ck,” which led to an apparent trial by group chat.
- The user said they attempted to explain themself, but to no avail.
- Fellow Reddit users sent the poster supportive comments, with one writing they’re “probably too old for all social media if this is how miscommunications are handled.”
A Reddit user from Singapore said they lost a friend and got “destroyed” in a group chat after using what they thought was a harmless abbreviation that ended up painting them in a very bad light.
In a June 23 post in the subreddit r/tifu — which stands for “Today, I f*cked up” — user NotFromYoutube recalled a friend posting a meal of dumplings and a bowl of soup on her Instagram Stories.
Adults don’t necessarily need nightlights, but adults can also spend their own money on anything they want, like this sweet nightlight!
A company called Smoko makes this Little B Dumpling Ambient Light that is sure to warm any dark room with adorable style for only $15. Hey, they also make great gifts for those (like me) who are terrible at buying them for other people!