Girl, 14, beaten unconscious by older male student in Canada after he made anti-Asian, homophobic remarks
- Janice Xie, a 14-year-old Canadian high school student, suffered head injuries that left her unconscious after an alleged unprovoked attack by a 17-year-old male student in the city of Richmond.
- "He called me a homophobic slur. He called me the 'F' slur and said all Asians are ugly and that he hates all Asians," Xie said.
- The male student, whose identity was withheld in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was apprehended at the scene and released to a legal guardian.
- Tim Sorensen, the victim's father, said local authorities informed him that the alleged attacker would be formally charged with assault.
- The incident is currently under investigation by the local Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in Richmond.
Local authorities in Canada are investigating an attack that left a 14-year-old student unconscious inside a high school in the city of Richmond.
Janice Xie, a Grade 9 student at Hugh Boyd Secondary School, said a 17-year-old Grade 11 student beat her up in a school corridor and left her with head injuries on Thursday.