- Randall Park is set to reprise his role as FBI agent Jimmy Woo in “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” according to an exclusive trailer shown at D23.
- Park became a fan favorite after making his first appearance as Woo in “Ant-Man and the Wasp” and the Disney Plus series “WandaVision.”
- The trailer revealed the plot of the upcoming third film and showed actor Jonathan Majors’ villain Kang the Conqueror.
- The clip also featured Scott Lang, played by Paul Rudd, eating lunch with Woo.
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” is set to release on Feb. 17, 2023.
Randall Park is set to reprise his role as FBI agent Jimmy Woo in “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” a trailer shown at Marvel’s D23 Expo over the weekend revealed.
Park made his first appearance as the former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in “Ant-Man and the Wasp” in 2018. Woo returned in “WandaVision” on Disney Plus and has since become a fan favorite, due in part to Park’s comedic performance.
- Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., a 2022 Philippine presidential candidate, was allegedly inspired to run while watching the 2015 Marvel film “Ant-Man.”
- In a recent interview, his wife, Liza Araneta Marcos, shared details about the moment of inspiration.
- “One day we’re watching ‘Ant-Man’... and then he looked at me and he goes, ‘OK, we’re going to do this,’ he told me. ‘Do what?’ ‘Run for the presidency.’”
- The hit superhero film tells the story of Scott Lang, a convicted thief who becomes the superhero Ant-Man after he steals a high-tech suit that can shrink him into the size of an ant.
- Similar to Lang’s character, Marcos Jr. also was convicted of a crime, but he did not serve his seven-year prison sentence.
The son and namesake of the late Filipino dictator Ferdinand Marcos, who was deposed in 1986 after ruling the Philippines for more than 20 years, was reportedly inspired by a Marvel superhero to run for president.
Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. decided to join the 2022 Philippine presidential race after watching Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man,” according to his wife Liza Araneta Marcos in a recent interview with Filipino talk show host Boy Abunda.
Actor Randall Park will reportedly be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the sequel to “Ant-Man”, “Ant-Man and The Wasp”.
According to Tracking Board, which first broke the news, Park is joining the cast as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jimmy Woo.