Before you read:
- Riisa Naka compares her game in ‘Alice in Borderland’ S2 to ‘Squid Game’: ‘Mine would be more difficult’
- More fun and games for ‘Alice in Borderland’ cast in new Season 2 trailer
- ‘Alice in Borderland’ Season 2 trailer hints at final death game
Season 2 of “Alice in Borderland” has become Netflix’s most-watched non-English series in a week, the streaming giant announced on Wednesday.
The newest season of the Japanese sci-fi thriller logged 61.2 million viewing hours just days after its Dec. 22 premiere. In the same period, new viewers and fans revisiting Season 1 added to a series total of approximately 80 million hours.
Directed by Shinsuke Sato, “Alice in Borderland” follows Arisu (Kento Yamazaki), a young man who finds himself in an alternate-reality Tokyo where a series of deadly games are held. Season 2 takes place after Arisu and his friends survive the first round of games and move on to face the citizens of “Borderland.”
- 10 Asian ‘deadly game’ movies and shows to watch while waiting for ‘Squid Game’ Season 2
- Netflix drops trailer for new K-drama ‘The Glory’ starring Song Hye-kyo
- Netflix announces first-ever Japanese live-action adaptation of ‘City Hunter’