Japan’s infamous “Twitter killer” has reportedly requested to meet and marry an ordinary girl before he is put to death following his sentence.
Death penalty: Arrested in 2017 after human body parts were found in his “House of Horrors,” 30-year-old Takahiro Shiraishi was sentenced to death on Dec. 15 for killing and dismembering nine people, NextShark previously reported.
- Known as the “Twitter killer” by Japanese media, Shiraishi admitted to luring his potential victims through the social media platform, targeting users who have posted about committing suicide.
- The serial murderer, who told potential victims that he could help them in their plans, said he wanted to steal from them and assault them sexually.
- While his lawyers tried to reduce his charges by arguing that he only killed his victims upon their request, Shiraishi contradicted this and maintained he killed them against their will.
Ordinary girl: Following the verdict, the killer has now expressed he is no longer seeking an appeal, and wants to get married before he is executed by hanging, reports South China Morning Post.
- Shiraishi said he is now seeking an “ordinary girl” to be his bride and partner while he is still in prison.
- According to the killer, his would-be wife could visit him when he is transferred to the Tokyo Detention House, a facility which allows inmates to see their families.
- “Several people have come in the last two years, but nothing has led to marriage,” he was quoted as saying. “I get these kinds of fan letters sometimes too, but there are not many women who are the type of person to come and see me here.”
- No judgement has been passed on Shiraishi’s request as of this writing.
Feature Image via Takahiro Shiraishi