- Witnesses said the gunman shot Estrella several times while the latter stood in the doorway. The suspect fled the scene, and no physical description was made available, Q13 Fox reported.
- The teen was pronounced dead at the scene from a gunshot wound to the head, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Phouvieng Soneouthay, Estrella’s step-father, does not know why his step-son was targeted, he told KOMO News.
- Soneouthay emerged from his bedroom in the home after hearing gunshots to find Estrella dying.
- “Was it targeted?” Erin Goodman, chair of the South Precinct Advisory Council, said. “We have no way of knowing. Was it a relative that was targeted? Was it the right address?”
- “This is the second juvenile that’s been shot this month and we’re just trying to figure out ways to stop this violence,” Seattle Police Interim Chief Adrian Diaz said in a statement.
- “For those of you who knew and loved Earl, this news is absolutely devastating as he was only 16 years old and was a kind and sweet person,” the GoFundMe reads. “He loved his family, especially his siblings, Ryan, Jlord, MJ, and Kayla.”
- “He was often sitting outside doing homework,” Ian Price, the family’s next door neighbor, said about Estrella. “Just a really friendly kind person.”
- It has raised over $28,000 of its $10,000 goal as of this writing.