- Nintendo released a new eight-minute gameplay trailer for “Bayonetta 3” on Tuesday.
- The trailer shows off a number of new mechanics, such as summoning and transforming into “infernal demons.”
- “Bayonetta 3” also introduces a new playable character: the sword-wielding, “mysterious witch-in-training,” Viola.
- Viola can summon her own infernal demon, a cat named Cheshire, with which she fights alongside barehanded.
- “Bayonetta 3” will be available on Nintendo Switch on Oct. 28.
Nintendo released a new eight-minute gameplay trailer for “Bayonetta 3” during its Nintendo Direct presentation on Tuesday, nearly five years after its official release trailer.
“[Bayonetta will] fight to protect the world from the sudden invasion of man-made bioweapons called Homunculi,” Nintendo said of the third installment. Characters from the previous games that are confirmed to appear in the sequel include the journalist Luka and fellow Umbra witch Jeanne.