- Anthony Joseph Dishari was accused of yelling anti-Asian slurs and attacking a boba tea shop owner last month.
- A Las Vegas Justice Court judge dismissed his charges on Tuesday as prosecutors deemed that Dishari had “a legitimate self-defense claim.”
A Las Vegas man accused of yelling anti-Asian slurs and attacking a boba tea shop owner is officially free after a judge dismissed his charges on Tuesday.
Judge tells 72-year-old man stricken with cancer he ‘should be ashamed of himself’ for his un-mowed lawn
- Burhan Chowdhury, a 72-year-old man who was diagnosed with cancer in his lymph nodes in 2019, received a citation for overgrown grass in August.
- Michigan Judge Alexis Krot told Chowdhury on Monday that he “should be ashamed of himself” for not keeping up with the landscaping around his house.
- Chowdhury’s son, 33-year-old Shibbir Chowdhury, explained to Krot that his father is sick and they had already cleaned the area around their house after receiving the citation.
- Krot told Chowdhury, "If I could give you jail time on this I would."
Michigan Judge Alexis Krot is under fire for her overreaction to 72-year-old Burhan Chowdhury’s overgrown lawn.
During a Zoom hearing on Monday, Krot told Chowdhury, who is very ill with cancer, that he “should be ashamed of himself” for not keeping up with the landscaping around his house, according to the Washington Post.
Last Wednesday, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled that the review site Yelp is allowed to manipulate it’s ratings for money.