- Indonesian singer-songwriter NIKI announced via Twitter on Tuesday that she tested positive for COVID-19.
- She will be pulling out of 88rising’s Head in the Clouds music festival this weekend as a result.
- Vietnamese American R&B artist keshi has been added to Saturday’s lineup.
- The full list of set times for the festival’s performers was announced on social media on Tuesday.
- A livestream of the event will be available via the Amazon Music App, Amazon Prime Video and Amazon’s channel on Twitch.
- NIKI will embark on her first solo North American tour starting in Vancouver on Sept. 8.
Coming off the heels of the recent release of the album “Nicole,” Indonesian singer-songwriter NIKI tested positive for COVID-19 and had to pull out of 88rising’s Head in the Clouds music festival slated for this weekend.
The “High School in Jakarta” vocalist announced her withdrawal on Tuesday via Twitter. She apologized to her fans, writing, “I’m SO very sorry to disappoint, those of you who know me know i cannot STAND not following through with a commitment & and I was truly looking forward to putting on the best show for you all this year.”
- Indonesian singer-songwriter NIKI released her highly anticipated 12-track album “Nicole” on Friday.
- The album features previously released songs “Before, “Oceans and Engines” and “High School in Jakarta.”
- It also marks the return and reimagining of old original songs NIKI took down from YouTube after being signed.
- NIKI’s short film “But I’m Letting Go,” which will be released on Amazon Music and Prime Video on Aug. 18, features a storyline inspired by her own life.
- She is set to join the lineup of headliners at this month’s 88rising Head In The Clouds music festival at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
- Starting on September 8 in Vancouver, NIKI will go on her first solo North American tour.
Indonesian singer-songwriter NIKI released her highly anticipated album “Nicole” on Friday.
The album contains 12 songs in total and features three previously released ones: “Before,” “Oceans and Engines” and “High School in Jakarta.” The entire album was written by NIKI and notably acts as a showcase of original songs she took down from her YouTube channel, previously named nzee24, after being signed.
- Indonesian singer-songwriter Niki released the music video for her new single “High School in Jakarta” on Thursday.
- The track, which is a follow-up to last month’s single “Oceans and Engines,” takes listeners back in time to Niki’s first romance.
- “High School in Jakarta” and “Oceans and Engines” will be included in her upcoming album, “Nicole,” which is scheduled for release next week.
- Niki will headline her first solo North American tour starting in Vancouver in September and concluding in Los Angeles in October.
- She is also set to join the lineup of headliners at this month’s 88rising Head In The Clouds music festival at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
Indonesian singer-songwriter Niki goes back to “High School in Jakarta” with a new single and music video.
Per a press release about the new song, “‘High School in Jakarta’” brings listeners “back to the start of Niki’s first romance, capturing the intense whirlwind of emotions that come with the beginning of falling in love.”
- 88rising took to social media today to announce the dates and venue for the upcoming Head in the Clouds music festival in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- The event will take place on Dec. 3 and Dec. 4 at Jakarta's Community Park PIK2.
- The Asian-focused music company previously made plans to host a festival in Jakarta, but these plans were canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19.
- An official lineup announcement has yet to be announced, but an 88rising tweet from March hinted at possible appearances from Indonesian singer-songwriter Niki and Indonesian rapper Rich Brian.
- 88rising’s Head in the Clouds at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, will take place later this month on Aug. 20 and Aug. 21.
88rising took to social media today to announce the dates and venue for the upcoming Head in the Clouds music festival in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The event will take place on Dec. 3 and Dec. 4 at Jakarta’s Community Park PIK2.
- Asian-focused music company 88rising announced the lineup for its upcoming Head in the Clouds music festival yesterday.
- Headlining the festival are Jackson Wang, Rich Brian and Niki.
- The festival returns to Brookside at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, on Aug. 20 and Aug. 21.
- 88rising is collaborating with GoldenVoice, which has helped put on Coachella, and 626 Night Market as the festival’s food curators.
- Other artists performing at the festival include Joji (DJ set Yebi Labs), Jay Park, Bibi, Chung Ha, Milli, and a joint set of Audrey Nuna and Deb Never.
The superstar-packed festival will also showcase 88rising artist Joji (DJ set Yebi Labs), Korean American rapper Jay Park, K-pop artist Chung Ha, Korean singer Bibi, Thai rapper Milli and a joint collaboration between Audrey Nuna and Deb Never, just to name a few.
Los Angeles-based NIKI and Rich Brian are both set to become the first Indonesian artists to perform at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
Held each year at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, Coachella is regarded as one of the largest, most famous and most profitable music festivals in the world.
“I always had the mindset I wasn’t going to make it because I’m Asian – and no Asians ever make it.”
These were the thoughts that sat in the mind of Indonesian singer NIKI when she was growing up aspiring to be an artist in America. However, her beliefs were not unfounded — while there are many talented artists of Asian descent, few have broken into the mainstream.