‘Hallyu is sweeping the world’: President Moon mentions BTS, ‘Squid Game’ in March 1st Movement speech
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in delivered his March First Independence Movement anniversary speech on Tuesday.
- The recent ceremony coincided with the opening of the National Memorial of the Korean Provisional Government (KPG), a four-story museum that shows the KPG's struggle to reach independence.
- In his speech, Moon said he was “filled with very deep emotions” as he looked back on what Koreans who were involved in the March First Independence Movement and the KPG envisioned 100 years ago.
- “All of us have raced forward without rest to create a free, egalitarian and unrepressed country, a peaceful and cultured nation,” Moon said.
- Halfway through his speech, Moon also praised the global influence of South Korea, notably the Korean Wave, also known as Hallyu. He also congratulated BTS, “Squid Game” and “Parasite” for their many international achievements.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in mentioned “Squid Game,” “Parasite” and K-pop group BTS in his March First Independence Movement anniversary speech on Tuesday as he highlighted the Korean Wave, which is also known as Hallyu.
Moon declared that he was “filled with very deep emotions” as he looked back on what Koreans who were involved in the March First Independence Movement and the Korean Provisional Government (KPG) envisioned 100 years ago, according to Yonhap News Agency.
South Korea may move to ban the consumption of dog meat after Moon Jae-in, the country’s president, publicly raised concerns over the traditional but increasingly uncommon practice.
A decline in canine consumption: Eating dog meat, which has become an infamous custom, could eventually be phased out, according to The Guardian.
U.S. President Donald Trump is facing new accusations of racism after allegedly faking an Asian accent to mock South Korea and Japan at a fundraiser in Long Island last week.
Trump reportedly spoke at two fundraisers in the Hamptons: one held by real estate guru Stephen Ross, who owns Equinox and Soul Cycle and another held by developer Joe Farrell.
Canadian officials, headed by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, presented a “Kim’s Convenience” shirt to South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the recent G20 in Osaka.
The moment, which made rounds on Twitter shortly, shows Moon receiving the simple white T-shirt bearing the show title in its iconic green and red text.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has been working so hard that he lost 12 of his teeth due to stress, a South Korean official claimed.
Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Poland Mira Sun recently told Business Insider how demanding government work in Seoul can be.
In a historic moment, North Korean leader Kim Jon Un cross over the DMZ border on Friday to meet South Korean President Moon Jae-in for a peace summit.
South Korea’s large press contingent reportedly annoyed President Donald Trump during his recent meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the White House.
Apparently, some members of the Korean media caused a minor commotion inside the Oval Office on Friday that got the attention of the POTUS.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in traveled to the United States this week for a series of meetings with President Donald Trump amid growing concerns over the nuclear threat posed by North Korea.
The South Korean leader, who was elected in May, met with Trump and his top aides in Washington on Thursday and was scheduled to meet again Friday, LA Times reported.
Moon Jae-in was elected South Korea’s new President on Tuesday but all eyes are on one of his handsome bodyguards.
The election comes after Park Geun-hye, the country’s first ever female president, was impeached over a corruption scandal.