- CCTV video captured the moment a Thai man was beaten by a woman with a black belt in Taekwondo after he tried to secretly film her in the women’s public restroom.
- After the woman noticed the man’s phone peeking over her stall, she chased him outside and beat him before snatching his phone and deleting the video.
- The 17-year-old suspect stated that he was “drunk and reckless” and publicly apologized to the media for filming the woman.
After a Thai man attempted to secretly film a woman in a public restroom, he was immediately chased and beaten by the victim, who happened to have a black belt in Taekwondo.
On Sunday, a 17-year-old man allegedly entered the women’s restroom in a Japanese restaurant located in Chachoengsao district, Thailand, and attempted to film a woman in a stall.
- Singaporean Chan Xin Kai, 23, was sentenced to 24 weeks of prison time after pleading guilty to five charges that include insulting a woman's modesty, selling obscene videos and criminal intimidation.
- Chan recorded and photographed some of the sexual activities he had with at least 20 women from Tinder and more women he met in school without his partners’ consent.
- Chan later sold the videos and photos of the sex acts illegally, which ended up circulating online.
- Chan’s modus operandi involved posing as the woman in fake dating and chat app accounts and offering to sell her photos and videos to other users. He earned 160 Singapore dollars (approximately $114) from selling two sex videos featuring one of the victims to two unknown buyers.
- He also threatened to spread nude images and videos of a separate victim if she refused to reconnect and meet with him.
A 23-year-old man in Singapore will spend about six months in jail for recording and selling videos of sex acts with his Tinder dates.
On Sept. 12, Chan Xin Kai was given a 24-week prison sentence after pleading guilty to five charges that include insulting a woman’s modesty, selling obscene videos and criminal intimidation. The court also considered six other charges in the sentencing.