guardians of the galaxy
- Filipino American actor Nico Santos has been confirmed to be part of “Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3,” the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise from Marvel Studios.
- “We wrapped a month ago but I’ve thought about my time on set every day since. THANK YOU @jamesgunn for your genius, kindness and for fostering and creating such an incredibly FUN world to work and play in,” Santos wrote on Instagram.
- Known for his roles in “Crazy Rich Asians” and the NBC series “Superstore,” Santos will be joining the film’s ensemble cast featuring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaña, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone and Will Poulter.
- The film, written and directed by James Gunn, also stars Oscar nominee Maria Bakalova (“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm”) and Daniela Melchior (“The Suicide Squad”).
Filipino American actor Nico Santos has been confirmed to be part of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise from Marvel Studios.
Santos is best known for his memorable roles in “Crazy Rich Asians” as Oliver T’sien and in the NBC comedy series “Superstore” as Mateo Liwanag. He also recently starred in the animated film “Wish Dragon” and the HBO Max animated series, “The Prince.”
- Dave Bautista has retired from his role as Drax the Destroyer in the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films following the end of production for the series’ third installment.
- On Instagram, Bautista wrote that it was an “end of a journey that changed my life.”
- Prior to filming the latest installment, Bautista has repeatedly discussed his impending departure, all the while expressing his love for the character.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” is set to premiere on May 5, 2023.
Dave Bautista’s time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has come to an end following the wrap of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.” On Monday, the wrestler-turned-actor took to Instagram to bid farewell to his character Drax the Destroyer.
The half-Filipino actor played Drax for all three “Guardians of the Galaxy” films – the latest of which is set to premiere next year – as well as the third and fourth installments of the “Avengers” franchise. He is also expected to appear as Drax in the upcoming Marvel film “Thor: Love and Thunder,” coming July 8.
South Korean illustrator Wooh Nayoung, who goes by the name Obsidian, likes drawing famous characters using her unique comic-like style. So, when her recent drawing of “Guardians of the Galaxy” actor Chris Pratt went viral, the Hollywood star immediately noticed.
According to Koreaboo, Pratt praised Obsidian for her artwork that paid tribute to the Marvel film. The artist posted her work on Twitter where she drew the actor wearing a traditional hanbok. The amazing illustration also featured Baby Groot and Rocket Raccoon.