Editors Note: This article contains images that viewers may find disturbing.
A teenager in Alberta, Canada, suffered severe burns and shattered teeth after a China-made electronic cigarette randomly exploded while he was using it last week.
A new Harvard study on e-cigarettes has found that brand-name liquid refills for the device contain three harmful chemical flavorings, some of which is known to cause severe respiratory disease.
The study, which was published online in Environmental Health Perspectives, was conducted by researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.