- Dr. Yue Emily Yu, a 45-year-old Southern Californian dermatologist, was arrested on Aug. 4 on suspicion of poisoning her radiologist husband, Dr. Jack Chen.
- Chen submitted to the police three videos captured by a hidden camera in July that allegedly support his claim that his wife had been poisoning him.
- Screenshots of a video, which were shared with news outlets, show Yu pouring Drano into a cup.
- David Wohl, Yu’s attorney, claimed that she was using Drano for their kitchen’s plumbing issues.
- Yu, who has not been charged, was released on Aug. 5 after posting her bond of $30,000.
The attorney of the Irvine dermatologist accused of poisoning her husband with drain cleaner claimed she was pouring Drano into a cup to fix plumbing issues.
Dr. Yue Emily Yu, a 45-year-old Southern Californian dermatologist, was arrested on Aug. 4 on suspicion of poisoning her radiologist husband, Dr. Jack Chen.
- Screenshots allegedly showing the moments Dr. Yue Yu, a dermatologist in Irvine, California, poisoned her husband’s lemonade with Drano have been made public.
- Yu was arrested last Thursday after her husband of 10 years, Dr. Jack Chen, submitted videos that purportedly show her attempting to poison him on July 11, July 18 and July 25.
- Chen, who started to experience “unusual symptoms” in March, was diagnosed with stomach ulcers, gastritis and inflammation of the esophagus.
- Chen has filed for both a temporary restraining order and divorce.
- Yu, who has not been charged, is currently out of jail after posting a $30,000 bail.
Screenshots allegedly showing the moments a dermatologist in Irvine, California, spiking her husband’s lemonade with Drano have been released to news outlets.
Dr. Yue Yu, 45, who goes by the nickname Emily, was arrested on Aug. 4 after her husband Dr. Jack Chen, a radiologist, submitted video evidence that purportedly shows her poisoning him for at least a month. The couple have been married for 10 years.