- Chinese TV producer Wang Shengqiang has reportedly gone missing after accusing local authorities of covering up facts about the “chained woman” of Jiangsu Province.
- In late January, a mentally ill woman was found by a vlogger shackled around the neck and left alone inside a doorless shed.
- In a viral Weibo post, Wang claimed that the local people in Feng County “all know that it is Li Ying, but some people can’t let her be Li Ying.”
- He later accused local authorities of burying the facts and claimed that the police were out to get him.
- “Lawyers, come and look through my Weibo posts, which one is illegal, and which law is violated, that is worth the police coming to arrest me in the middle of the night?” his last post read.
A television producer and director in China is reportedly missing after he accused local authorities of covering up the truth about the woman who made global headlines earlier this year after being found chained in a shed.
In late January, a local vlogger discovered a mentally ill woman shackled around the neck and left alone inside a doorless shed.