- BLACKPINK fans are refuting a Variety review that claims the K-pop girl group lip-synced their U.S. award show debut performance at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) on Sunday.
- The Variety review lists BLACKPINK’s performance of their new single “Pink Venom” under their “Worst” section with a subheading that reads, “Lip-Sync Snafus.”
- BLINKS pointed out various moments in their defense, such as Lisa fixing her mic, Jennie shouting “Let’s go!” and the sounds of mics crackling.
- Regardless of the performance, BLACKPINK and fellow K-pop acts BTS, SEVENTEEN and Lisa made historic wins that night.
- BLACKPINK’s upcoming album, “Born Pink,” drops on Sep. 16. Their world tour will start in October.
BLACKPINK fans, also known as BLINKS, are blasting a recent Variety review claiming that the YG Entertainment girl group lip-synced their performance of “Pink Venom” at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) on Sunday.
Variety’s “The Best and Worst Moments of the 2022 MTV VMAs: From Taylor Swift’s Surprise to Johnny Depp’s Confusing Cameo” lists BLACKPINK’s performance under its “Worst” section with the subheading “Lip-Sync Snafus.” The passage reads: