Elderly Asian woman attacked and robbed of life savings by men posing as construction workers in California
- A 70-year-old woman was assaulted and robbed of her life savings by three men pretending to be utility workers in Daly City, California, according to her granddaughter.
- Surveillance footage at the elderly woman’s home showed what appeared to be a man wearing a construction worker vest, a hard hat and holding a laptop.
- “He was pretending to be someone from PG&E, to try and trick my grandmother into letting him to the house,” Skylar, the victim’s granddaughter, said.
- An investigation into the incident is ongoing, according to Daly City police.
- A fundraising campaign has been created on GoFundMe for the recovery of Skylar’s grandmother.
The granddaughter of an elderly Asian woman in Daly City, California, is speaking out after her grandmother was assaulted and robbed of her life savings by three men pretending to be utility workers.
Surveillance footage at the 70-year-old woman’s home shows a man wearing a construction worker vest, a hard hat and holding a laptop.
- Cecilia Shu, a 68-year-old grandmother, was walking on a sidewalk in Oceanside, California, when a black Honda SUV drove onto the sidewalk and struck her on June 5.
- The driver then made a U-turn and drove away. Paramedics pronounced Shu dead at the scene.
- Authorities are still searching for the hit-and-run driver who killed Shu, who they suspect may live in the area.
- The suspect’s car is described to be a black 2019-2022 Honda HR-V with damage to its front bumper and grill.
An Asian grandmother was killed by a hit-and-run driver while on a morning walk in Oceanside, California.
Cecilia Shu, 68, was walking on the sidewalk along Benet Road near Leepish Drive when a black Honda SUV drove onto the sidewalk and hit Shu shortly after 8:30 a.m. on June 5.
Olympic gold medalist Eileen Gu says her ‘unfazed’ grandmother still prefers her to be a doctor or lawyer
- One fan that freestyle skier Eileen Gu is still trying to impress is her grandmother, who is traveling to China to watch the young athlete compete in the Beijing Games for the first time.
- Gu has already won a gold and silver medal at the Beijing Olympics and is on path to win a third medal.
- The 18-year-old describes her grandmother as a “fiercely confident woman” who still wishes for Gu to become a doctor or lawyer.
Olympic freestyle skier Eileen Gu is ready to impress her grandmother, who has never seen the teen compete, in the upcoming halfpipe competition.
The 18-year-old describes her grandmother, who played basketball during her college years, as a “fiercely confident” woman who is “happy all the time,” reported Reuters.
A 21-year-old Japanese man was left speechless after learning that his innocent grandmother had mistaken his silicone sex toys for a pair of thermal socks.
The incident was documented in photos and videos via Twitter on July 5.
Officers from the Seattle Police Department have arrested the suspect of a vicious robbery on a 68-year-old Asian grandmother earlier this month.
On June 13 at around 11:30 a.m., Mei Yeung was walking home from a bus stop when she was robbed by a man nearly twice her size.