A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Authorities said the woman went after him and told him to drop her bag.
- Instead, the suspect started throwing items from inside the bag at her.
- The man allegedly made “swinging gestures” along with verbal threats, but the woman remained unharmed.
- “In this case, this witness was able to go to the aid of the victim and continue to follow the suspect with the victim, and maybe that was the reason why the victim wasn’t hurt in this case,” Officer Robert Rueca of the San Francisco Police Department said.
- The suspect was eventually arrested and charged with robbery, according to NBC Bay Area.
- Authorities are currently investigating the suspect’s mental health status. The victim’s race has yet to be determined as a contributing factor in this crime.