- It started when Blackburn publicly thanked Donald Trump for preventing the trade of products “produced by forced Uyghur labor” to the U.S., following it up with a tweet stating, “China has a 5,000 year history of cheating and stealing.”
- Activists have called out major brands in the past for allegedly sourcing their products from Xinjiang, where many ethnic minorities, including the Uyghur, are being detained.
- In his first reply, Chen called the Republican senator a “b*tch” and the “most racist and ignorant senator” he has ever seen.
- He also called Blackburn a “lowlife.”
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- Blackburn fired back at Chen and called him a “puppet” of China’s President Xi Jinping.
- Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio also jumped in and called Chen out.
- However, the Chinese reporter fired back, calling his previous post about Blackburn an “understatement.”