14 Bizarre Korean Beauty Products You Can Actually Find On Amazon
#3 is perfect for anyone with an unhealthy boba obsession
Koreans know a thing or two about skin care and beauty products, but what makes Korean beauty really stand out has to be the bizarre ingredients as well as the equally strange packaging on the outside.
Now that December is finally here, it’s officially the start of treat-yo-self season so why not gift yourself one of these weirdly adorable Korean beauty products to add to your collection?
1. This depressed but adorable Gudetama peeling gel that exfoliates your skin while getting rid of dead skin cells.
This skin peeling gel is made from natural fertile egg yolks from Korea’s Mount Jiri and scrubs away black and whiteheads.
2. This very mini fridge filled with lip tints that also comes with complimentary stickers and miniature groceries to decorate your fridge with.
The mini fridge comes with three different shades of lip tints as well as a contouring tint and a cheek tint.
3. This moisturizing bubble tea sleeping pack with popping boba for anyone who wants to take their boba obsession to the next level.
This green tea gel sleeping mask moisturizes your skin overnight and should be washed off in the morning. The boba are actually moisture capsules so you’re meant to scoop out 1-2 bubbles, pop them and incorporate into the rest of the mask before applying.
4. These blackhead removing silk finger balls…?
These silk balls should be soaked in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and softened up before being used. Just place on the tip of your finger and massage blackhead areas on your face.
5. These wine bottle lip tints made from actual French wine extracts to ruin your dry January.
The six lip tint shades are named after different kinds of wine and come in various shades of reds, pinks, burgundy and orange. They also have lipstick versions with similar wine bottle designs.
6. Another Gudetama product but this time it’s a rose scented beauty blender sponge.
This non-latex beauty blender should be dampened before being used and will grow 1.5 times it’s original size when it’s wet.
7. This 24k gold face mask that tightens your pores, removes toxins and changes colors when it’s ready to be taken off.
After about 15 to 20 minutes, this golden color will turn white so you know it’s ready to be washed off. The mask tightens your pores while also removing the toxins from your skin for a smooth and bright complexion.
8. This cute octopus blackhead scrub stick with marine plant extracts, black mud and charcoal.
Think of this as an exfoliating lip balm but for your nose. This blackhead scrub stick removes pore-clogging impurities on your skin for a clearer complexion.
9. This moisturizing hair mask to smooth split ends that also looks exactly like a bottle of Mayo. Maybe keep this one far far away from the kitchen to avoid any disasters…
Although it looks like mayo, this hair mask actually smells like a blend of vanilla and macadamia nuts! It’s made of shea butter and a mix of vitamins to leave your hair hydrated and less frizzy.
10. This lip tint that also looks like a popsicle because apparently Korean makeup companies love making products that look edible.
14. This half bear, half jellyfish looking 2-in-1 exfoliating foaming sponge and brush cleaner to make your morning routine a little bit more interesting.
The combination of the sponge and the silicone bristles softly cleanses your pores and apparently the “funny” texture of the brush makes your cleansing time more enjoyable, whatever that means.
Editor’s Note: NextShark could get a small commission on any products you purchase below (we gotta keep the lights on here somehow)
Support our Journalism with a Contribution
Many people might not know this, but despite our large and loyal following which we are immensely grateful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.
Everything you see today is built on the backs of warriors who have sacrificed opportunities to help give Asians all over the world a bigger voice.
However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our industry, from figuring out the most sustainable business model for independent media companies to facing the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.
We hope you consider making a contribution so we can continue to provide you with quality content that informs, educates and inspires the Asian community.
Even a $1 contribution goes a long way. Thank you for everyone’s support. We love you all and can’t appreciate you guys enough.