- Founded in the Philippines in 1978, Jollibee first reached America in 1998 with a store in Daly City, California.
- This year, the brand will open 28 stores, including one in Times Square, another in downtown Chicago and the first Jollibee in downtown Vancouver.
- Jollibee North America President Maribeth Dela Cruz shared that North America will be “a key market” as the company envisions becoming one of the top-five restaurant companies in the world. The plan is to penetrate markets where there already exists “a large concentration of Filipino Americans.”
- The largest number of Jollibee stores in the U.S. belongs in California. There are 23 existing branches and five more upcoming branches in the state as it has five of the top-10 metropolitan areas with the largest Filipino population.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- In 2018, it bought a majority stake in Smashburger for $100 million.
- In 2019, it purchased The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for $350 million.
- In the Philippines, JFC operates U.S. brands, Burger King and Panda Express.