Shortly after confirming their relationship, American TV personality Chelsea Handler shared a cooking video with her boyfriend Jo Koy on Instagram last Thursday.
Chicken adobo: In Handler’s Instagram video, Filipino American comedian Jo Koy teaches her how to make one of his favorite dishes, chicken adobo.
- When introducing the dish, Handler says, “I’ve had it before and it is delicious. This is something that I would like to know how to make.”
- As seen in the video, Jo Koy’s version of chicken adobo includes marinating the poultry in a sauce made of soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, chopped onion, bay leaves, black pepper and brown sugar. Jo Koy tells viewers to let it marinate in the fridge for a while before cooking it in a pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- He suggests eating the dish with rice despite Handler’s caption that reads, “And no, to answer your next question, there was no rice to go with it.”
- The video ends with Jo Koy feeding Handler a spoonful of the dish by turning the spoon into an airplane, mimicking the way many Filipinos make their babies or young children eat.
Reactions: Many of Jo Koy’s and Handler’s celebrity friends reacted to their video by leaving comments expressing their excitement.
- “Oh. My. Goodness. This video was cute and funny as hell! I need more cooking vids from y’all!” wrote comedian Phoebe Robinson, who added the laughing emoji and the heart eyes emoji.
- Actor Mandy Moore wrote, “Can we make this a regular thing, please??” while actor Eva Longoria Baston suggested that they cook together next time.
It’s official: Last week, Handler shared a post about her and Jo Koy to make their relationship Instagram official.
- In one photo, the pair can even be seen kissing.
- “He’s on tour, I’m on tour, sometimes we tour together,” she captioned the post. “#VaccinatedAndHorny #FunnyIsFunny. All coming to a city near you!”
- Jo Koy first posted about their relationship on Instagram last Thursday, saying, “It feels so good to have love, laughter and joy in my life.”